Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye, Woodley

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Well the Steelers have restructured Polamalu, made their choice at OLB, now they can move to address the next glaring issue...IT.
    IT? Is there a problem with steelers.com?

Pro Bowler
    I have no animosity towards Woodley and I thank him for several really strong years but I'm in favor of the release. He's expensive and he's had a tough time staying healthy.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Wonder if this rumor is to try and get him to take a pay cut? Very thin at OLB that scares me for this defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Very thin at OLB that scares me for this defense.
    Never a problem when Woodley got to training camp.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    More than likely...It means Worilds & the Steelers are close or have a deal in place. I'm hearing the Steelers have talked to Taylor & he isn't expected to take the cut. That has started the flurry of contacts of FA CB.
    From the Trib:

Ike Taylor, however, apparently isn't going anywhere. The cornerback posted a Twitter message Monday evening saying he'd completed a contract renegotiation that would assure him retiring as a Steeler. Taylor was due to make $7 million in salary in 2014, with a cap hit of $11.942 million.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Wonder if this rumor is to try and get him to take a pay cut? Very thin at OLB that scares me for this defense.
    IDK, we ended the season with Carter actually being our starter. I'd say it will be pretty easy to beat that. JJ and Worilds will make for solid starters and then add a FA and draft pick as well, and we should be good, unless we hit a really bad injury patch.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    From the Trib:

Ike Taylor, however, apparently isn't going anywhere. The cornerback posted a Twitter message Monday evening saying he'd completed a contract renegotiation that would assure him retiring as a Steeler. Taylor was due to make $7 million in salary in 2014, with a cap hit of $11.942 million.
    There is also talk of potentially trying Taylor at Safety if he loses his cover skills as a CB. (Insert joke here.)

Hall of Famer

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    From the Trib:

I guess Ike came to his senses. I heard it happened over the weekend..I was watching his twitter. Ike was quiet until the tweet 40 minutes ago about the ink drying. Pay cut extension...It better be!

Hall of Famer
    In the words of Jack Welch, 'the moment you get that paycheck, we're all even'..... Woodley got paid for the games he played (and even for some he didn't) .....good luck with your future endeavours...

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    IT? Is there a problem with steelers.com?

Hahahahahaha......... nice one Sugar..
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00