Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Bye, Woodley

Starter

User Info Menu

Woodley is meeting wiyh the Raiders today.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post

that is one team that would be stupid enough to pay woodley big money
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Maybe Terrelle Pryor will buy him dinner.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

woodley signs with raiders 2 yrs 12 mil

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Perfect. Just perfect.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by passhappy View Post
    I'd say that's a pretty friendly contract for what he could be on the field next season. I know its a matter of too much money and not enough production but when he was healthy last season he was effective. I guess in the end I'd rather have the addition of Mitchell in the secondary over the 50/50 shot with woodley.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He just signed a 2 year 12$ mil contract with Oakland.

Legend

User Info Menu

LaMarr Woodley hoped to go home, Detroit didn’t take his calls

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 16, 2014

Before signing a two-year, $12 million contract with the Raiders, LaMarr Woodley reached out to the Lions. They weren’t interested.

Woodley, who grew up in Michigan and played his college football at Michigan, told Terry Foster of CBS Detroit that he wanted to play at home so badly that he wanted to take less money to do it, but the Lions never returned his calls.

It’s not surprising that Woodley was open to taking less money to go home. He has shown in the past that his ties to his home town mean more to him than money; we noted a couple of years ago that Woodley had donated $60,000 to make up the difference when budget cuts hit the athletic department of his old high school.

But it’s also not a big surprise that the Lions weren’t interested. Woodley has slowed down and battled injuries in the last few years, and he’s not a great fit for the Lions’ defense. In the community, Woodley as a Lion would have been great. On the football field, Woodley as a Raider makes more sense.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/16/lamarr-woodley-hoped-to-go-home-detroit-didnt-take-his-calls/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by passhappy View Post
    no wonder Woodley signed with the Raiders. they want him to gain weight...

Oakland Raiders head coach Dennis Allen suggests LaMarr Woodley's injuries were caused by a lack, not presence, of weight

By Steel Spike on Mar 25 2014

According to Raiders coach Dennis Allen, playing out of position is why Woodley was injured so much. The weight he had to shed to play outside linebacker with the Steelers was the root, Allen suggested in an interview with NFL.com.

In an interview with NFL.com's Around The League, Allen talked about how he thinks the reason ex-Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley was injured so much recently is because he was playing out of his natural, college position of 4-3 defensive end.

Apparently, according to Allen, forcing Woodley to keep his weight down was contributory to him getting hurt.

"That's what he was in college," Allen explained, "and really body-type-wise, they always had to kind of keep (his weight) down in Pittsburgh and that's maybe one of the reasons he had some injury issues."

The Raiders plan on using Woodley as a defensive end, after having him bulk up to 270-275. Sounds like that will definitely work out for them. Taking a guy who has had weight and leg issues, and making him bigger.

Adding to the absurdity, Allen directly compared Matt Schaub to Peyton Manning.

"We have a quarterback now that's on par with the quarterbacks in this division," Allen said Tuesday at the NFL Annual Meeting

Just win, baby!

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014/3/25/5546938/steelers-raiders-lamarr-woodley-injuries-free-agency-contract[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Of course! All this time I was fooling myself into believing that carrying more weight is worse for your legs...