Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye, Woodley

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's crazy how quick some of you are to dismiss some of the contributions that Woodley has made when he was a healthy linebacker for this team. With that being said, here's a quote from the comment section on espn.com.

"Who's going to model the NFL Official Steelers sideline sweats now?"
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    It's crazy how quick some of you are to dismiss some of the contributions that Woodley has made when he was a healthy linebacker for this team. With that being said, here's a quote from the comment section on espn.com.

"Who's going to model the NFL Official Steelers sideline sweats now?"
    He was great when healthy and playing hard. Watching the highlights from the SB win against Arizona, he was one of the key cogs on that defense, and was incredible in the playoffs. While I certainly appreciate those contributions, his stubbornness and refusal to properly condition himself are disappointing.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He was great when healthy and playing hard. Watching the highlights from the SB win against Arizona, he was one of the key cogs on that defense, and was incredible in the playoffs. While I certainly appreciate those contributions, his stubbornness and refusal to properly condition himself are disappointing.
    Well, being from Michigan all my life, I can certainly tell you that stubbornness and refusal to properly condition one-self is a state wide epidemic here, so for Woodley, it just comes with the territory.
    Sarcasm

Starter

User Info Menu

I guess we can assume they draft 2 OLBs and 2 CBs now.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't be in any rush to sign woirlds until after the draft. Say Barr falls and they love him as a prospect and they are still not sure about JW. Draft Barr, let world play on the tag while Barr gets acclimated.

woodley is one of the biggest what coulda beens of the last 20 years. I have to believe the steelers were tired of his woe is me attitude, I know I was.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    I guess we can assume they draft 2 OLBs and 2 CBs now.
    We will certainly be thin at OLB now...

I wonder if they asked him to take a sizeable pay cut (similar to rumors of Taylor) and he refused?

He was productive when healthy but overall was not performing well enough to justify the $$$. Unless we spend some money in FA, this draft will be defense heavy...we don't have a choice.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well the Steelers have restructured Polamalu, made their choice at OLB, now they can move to address the next glaring issue...IT.
    Last edited by Discipline of Steel; 03-10-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I have a problem with any player that can't keep themselves in shape to help prevent injury....apparently so do the Steelers. I'm not really heart broken over his release.
    If we were losing the 2009 Woodley, I'd be bummed (13.5 sacks). But we are losing a player who has a total of 9 sacks in the last two, most recent seasons, and couldn't bother coming in not being 30 lbs overweight in 2012. He basically stole Rooneys' money.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I wouldn't be in any rush to sign woirlds until after the draft. Say Barr falls and they love him as a prospect and they are still not sure about JW. Draft Barr, let world play on the tag while Barr gets acclimated.

woodley is one of the biggest what coulda beens of the last 20 years. I have to believe the steelers were tired of his woe is me attitude, I know I was.
    Eddie gets it.....

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the move because it tells the entire team no matter your name or contract size you will be held accountable for your actions or lack thereof. I loved Woodley, but his blatant disregard for preparation was more then the Steelers could obviously take and I wholeheartedly agree with this decision. 1 maybe 1 1/2 years of down production could be tolerated, but 3 years and after signing the biggest D contract in Steelers history.........No, its time to go. Thanks for the memories and the help reaching and winning a SB.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S