Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft: Overrated, Dark Horse, Underrated, Fallers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Anthony Barr would be an awesome pick, I do NOT think hes ready to play much as a rookie so we would undoubtedly hear "BUSTTT" but he would not need to be able toplay right away with Jones entering his second year and worilds definitely coming back. He has a special skill set though, hes not as polished as a football player as Jones but he hes rare explosion and the ability to bend the corner
    LeBeau would love him then because both him and Jones could keep him company on the sidelines. It is a real concern if he is less "polished" than Jones who did nothing his rookie season. Old people do get lonely
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    LeBeau would love him then because both him and Jones could keep him company on the sidelines. Old people do get lonely
    yawn.......

Legend

User Info Menu

Ive said before that Lyleria is borderline undraftable. I agree hes Uber talented but he wont be the first very talented, troubled player to go undrafted

Anthony Barr would be an awesome pick, I do NOT think hes ready to play much as a rookie so we would undoubtedly hear "BUSTTT" but he would not need to be able toplay right away with Jones entering his second year and worilds definitely coming back. He has a special skill set though, hes not as polished as a football player as Jones but he hes rare explosion and the ability to bend the corner

HaHa is a good safety prospect, i understand the hesitation with the bama DBs though...i think they are very tough to evaluate, not so much the safeties as the CBs though...they play a funky CB scheme that rarely requires back pedals which is weird to evaluate, but if you are looking for a deep single high safety, Haha is your guy

Fuller is awesome, might be more of a NB but cant undervalue that position, which is arguable the most difficult CB spot to play

James Andrews says Kouanjios knee is not as bad as it was made out to be....seems to be a lot of knee problems with Bama recruits though. I think he probably is going to be a guard at the next level, which is a good spot for him
    Guess we will see on draft day but I don't see any way Lyerla doesn't get drafted. I see him going as high as the 5th unless he decides to snort his way to undraftable again. He has shown immaturity and drug addiction problems. But, Im a big fan of second chances.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Id say the leading candidates to draft him would be Chip Kelly or Pete Carroll, i suppose a janoris jenkins/Tyrann Mathieu contract is possible to ensure cleanliness.

Highly highly highly doubt the steelers even have him on their board

Legend

User Info Menu

Id say the leading candidates to draft him would be Chip Kelly or Pete Carroll, i suppose a janoris jenkins/Tyrann Mathieu contract is possible to ensure cleanliness.

Highly highly highly doubt the steelers even have him on their board
    I agree...not the Steelers m.o. And the times they have taken chances they have been burned.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

yawn.......

Keep yawning, but the supposed savior at OLB last year spend most of the season watching. That is the problem with these DE to OLB "conversions" (even though Jones was already an OLB) it takes years to figure out what you really have. It is risky personnel management that when you miss you are screwed for a few years trying to recover.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Keep yawning, but the supposed savior at OLB last year spend most of the season watching. That is the problem with these DE to OLB "conversions" (even though Jones was already an OLB) it takes years to figure out what you really have. It is risky personnel management that when you miss you are screwed for a few years trying to recover.
    Anyone expect him to be the "savior" in 2013 was an idiot. He'll be a better, more productive player this year than he was last year...just like timmons was after a year, just like decastro was after a year...other former "busts"

He will also be a better and more productive player than Barkevious Mingo and Dion Jordan, for comparisons sake the #3 and #6 picks in the draft. Bjoern Werner didnt do **** as a rookie, id say the best pass rushing OLBs as rookies were Jamie Collins and Sio Moore and they were 2nd and 3rd round picks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

SKL--like you mock but don't know much about Christian Jones or Xavier Grimble? Also, Matthews seems like he is moving up, do you think he lasts to our #2?
    Jones is a tackling machine, a coaches player. Grimble is a sleeper talent. Wasn't utilized properly at USC. As far as Mathews. The thing is you have to start plugging names into the rounds. If you listen to all the "experts" and count all the guys they are giving first round tags you would have 50 guys going in 32 slots. I could see a team like STL or JAX taking him at the top of the 2nd if they bypass Watkins and Evans in the first.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Anyone expect him to be the "savior" in 2013 was an idiot. He'll be a better, more productive player this year than he was last year...just like timmons was after a year, just like decastro was after a year...other former "busts"

He will also be a better and more productive player than Barkevious Mingo and Dion Jordan, for comparisons sake the #3 and #6 picks in the draft. Bjoern Werner didnt do **** as a rookie, id say the best pass rushing OLBs as rookies were Jamie Collins and Sio Moore and they were 2nd and 3rd round picks
    I think many fans were just thinking about the possibilities with JJ long-term, not necessarily expecting him to blow-up on year one. My only concern was the possible lack of strength that can, and hopefully will, be addressed during his first real offseason.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The hate for J. Jones around here is incredible.

What a horrible, risky pick... he was the most dominant OLB in college football in the best conference in college football.

He was lacking strength last year and that isn't a secret. That was known on draft day. That is the easiest problem to fix. The guy is going make a lot of people on this board look really ignorant in the future.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.