Thread: Darren Sproles???

Backup

User Info Menu

Darren Sproles???

Sproles to be released by Saints....

Can you imagine pairing Bell with Sproles!!!!???

Is there any chance we would entertain this idea??

He might be worth a bit more than LSH, but he's instantly better...

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Administrator

User Info Menu

I love Sproles ... dude is a weapon any time he touches the ball.

With that being said, I'd much rather upgrade the defense with a couple FA...particularly the secondary. Jenkins from NO would be a much better signing.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

2011 Sproles? Yes
    2013 Sproles? No

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I love Sproles ... dude is a weapon any time he touches the ball.

With that being said, I'd much rather upgrade the defense with a couple FA...particularly the secondary. Jenkins from NO would be a much better signing.
    What about Antoine Cason? or Cason and Jenkins?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why on earth did NO ditch him? No thanks to players on the fringe in age. I would never sign a 30 y/o back who's main weapon is pure quickness. He may have a few decent years left, but unless he is the final piece to a Super Bowl win, I say it is unwise to sign 30 y/o running backs who's game is 100% about quickness. I think Bell with a few guys from last year would do fine. I wouldn't mind seeing Dwyer or Jones back. They make fine #2s. The fact that the Steelers thought their best back at the start of the season (with Bell hurt) was Redman means some of the coaches are retarded. Think about that: They gave the starting RB spot to Redman, a guy who won't even make any other team's roster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Why on earth did NO ditch him? No thanks to players on the fringe in age. I would never sign a 30 y/o back who's main weapon is pure quickness. He may have a few decent years left, but unless he is the final piece to a Super Bowl win, I say it is unwise to sign 30 y/o running backs who's game is 100% about quickness. I think Bell with a few guys from last year would do fine. I wouldn't mind seeing Dwyer or Jones back. They make fine #2s. The fact that the Steelers thought their best back at the start of the season (with Bell hurt) was Redman means some of the coaches are retarded. Think about that: They gave the starting RB spot to Redman, a guy who won't even make any other team's roster.

wouldn't call the staff 'retarded', but they obviously were focused on something else that badly clouded their judgement.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    wouldn't call the staff 'retarded', but they obviously were focused on something else that badly clouded their judgement.
    I mean, how can they do this for a living, be around all the players so much of the time, and make such a horrible decision? All you can say about Redman is he is hard to tackle, but during his elongated runs, he goes no where. He just stays up long enough to gain no yards but take 5 hits, going no where. But let me guess? He works hard in practice. Great. That and a dollar might get you a coffee (but not at Star Bucks). Even if Redman could produce somewhat, it is a given he will get hurt due to his running style of not going down, but not going any where. Dwyer finally took things more seriously, and at THAT point they chose to cut him, and promote IR to starter. Seriously, who made that decision? I want to know. Any how, we were lucky they finally came out of their state of heroine fog and saw the obvious. I would like to see Dwyer back. He had the highest aypc of any back on our roster (4.0). Jones isn't a bad back up either. Hollings probably won't be able to stay healthy if he has many touches, but I'd welcome him to try.

Legend

User Info Menu

They'll likely bring back a similar style back in LaRod Stephens-Howling at a much cheaper rate. LSH was looking pretty solid in our offense during the preseason before going on I.R. last year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I love LSH, i hope they bring him back. Guy was running HARD in preseason last year