Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe hes just tired of being a slave and wants to spend more time supporting bin laden
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    maybe hes just tired of being a slave and wants to spend more time supporting bin laden
    I think he was tired of fans like you...

He sounds like he is in a good place. Nothing wrong with moving on from football with his health and wealth intact.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think he was tired of fans like you...

He sounds like he is in a good place. Nothing wrong with moving on from football with his health and wealth intact.
    Have you seen what it takes for Bettis to simply get out of bed in the morning? RM is doing best if he can move on to something he likes better.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    "Having to fight through waves and currents of praise and criticism, but mostly hate. I can't even count how many times I've been called a 'dumb nigger'. There is a bold coarseness you receive from non-supporters that seems to only exist on the Internet. However, even if you try to avoid these things completely -- because I've tried -- somehow they still reach you."

Sounds like he is just fed up with what the game has become...
    Once again showing signs of being a p-ssy. So what? There are racists, bigots, etc. out there. Too thin skinned.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Good on him. If his heart isn't in it, at least he's not sucking the life out of a dressing room because of a bad attitude.

He was pilloried for a view point that went against the masses.

And the result was everyone forgot that he actually was successful in his time here, despite common belief.
    Maybe marginally, but not for a back taken in the first half of the first round. He had one season where he averaged more than 4.1 yards a carry (4.6) - the rest of his career he was below 4 ypc. That's nothing to brag about.

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11257/rashard-mendenhall[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Good for him. Most players never beat the system, but it looks like Mendy did. Too bad we drafted him and wasted that first round pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Maybe marginally, but not for a back taken in the first half of the first round. He had one season where he averaged more than 4.1 yards a carry (4.6) - the rest of his career he was below 4 ypc. That's nothing to brag about.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11257/rashard-mendenhall[/URL]
    look at the OL he had to work with?

Legend

User Info Menu

Where does he sit on the "all time Steelers RB list"?

Not a bad accomplishment for a crap RB.

His biggest problem was that he didn't play like Jerome Bettis. If we'd grown up with Ricky Watters as our RB #1, we'd have all love Mendy.

The hate he got for his tweets was pathetic. Heaven forbid someone doesn't agree with the masses.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rashard wants to be more like Flippy.

Seriously, wishing him well, and support what is a well thought out decision on his part.

That was a compliment, Flip.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Where does he sit on the "all time Steelers RB list"?

Not a bad accomplishment for a crap RB.

His biggest problem was that he didn't play like Jerome Bettis. If we'd grown up with Ricky Watters as our RB #1, we'd have all love Mendy.

The hate he got for his tweets was pathetic. Heaven forbid someone doesn't agree with the masses.
    Agreed Chadman.