Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits

Legend

User Info Menu

Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/running-back-rashard-mendenhall-retiring-after-six-nfl-seasons-034548663.html[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The man got a nice payday, suffered two big injuries and has now fully rehabbed under NFL doctors....I can see how that is enough for him.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

well, now he can devote more time to social commentary via twitter.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers made such dumb decisions with this quality RB. I'm sure they contribute to him quitting at 26.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So did Ray Lewis.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The guy could take 2 seasons off, , finish his degree, get healthy and come back and make a few extra bucks. Hopefully he saved his pennies.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    well, now he can devote more time to social commentary via twitter.
    Nice .........

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is bizarre. I was just thinking about making a post that said Mendy still sucks, and he will never amount to being a good NFL back, and now I see this. The guy simply sucks. He was no better than a 4th-round talent. He is less than the sum of his parts. His lack of toughness is obvious. And calling it quits at 27 proves it even more so. I don't hate on him for his tweets; I hate on him for just not being a good player. He always looked one step away from a big play, and, for whatever reason, never kept on his feet, and went down before he could make that big play. He was a disappointment his entire stay in Pgh. But the Steelers stubbornly stuck with him because they didn't want to admit they made a mistake when they drafted him. Belichick would have cut his losses after 1.5 seasons.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    The Steelers made such dumb decisions with this quality RB. I'm sure they contribute to him quitting at 26.
    The Steelers made him soft and weak? How did they do that?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    What dumb decisions did they make with him, aside from drafting a guy who they didn't properly vet because he fell well below his projected level in the first round?