Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz;594937[B
    ]I think he was tired of fans like you...[/B]

He sounds like he is in a good place. Nothing wrong with moving on from football with his health and wealth intact.

you mean because i didnt coddle his ass because he was making millions of dollars being treated like a slave and supported bin laden like you did?
    you mean like how he didnt support his team while inactive and didnt show up to cheer from the sidelines?
    yup, he was sopmeione to look up to and worship
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    you mean because i didnt coddle his ass because he was making millions of dollars being treated like a slave and supported bin laden like you did?
    you mean like how he didnt support his team while inactive and didnt show up to cheer from the sidelines?
    Strange how every complaint you bring up has zero to do with his play on the field.

As far as I'm aware players are neither drafted for the personality they portray to fans, or for their inner-most thoughts. That he should get 'bashed' for both shows that maybe the expectation of the regular Joe needs to be looked at, not the player themself.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    still struggling with the quote button..

why the hell would you look up to or worship any of these guys?

and who supported Bin Laden...besides the Bush's and the CIA but that's another story for another forum.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-11-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Strange how every complaint you bring up has zero to do with his play on the field.

As far as I'm aware players are neither drafted for the personality they portray to fans, or for their inner-most thoughts. That he should get 'bashed' for both shows that maybe the expectation of the regular Joe needs to be looked at, not the player themself.
    well said...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

wonder if the story about how Arians wanted to feature Ellington a lot more next year, factored in his decision. That story came out about a week before Mendenhall's announcement. Anyway... good luck Rashad, he'll probably be on DWTS.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    wonder if the story about how Arians wanted to feature Ellington a lot more next year, factored in his decision. That story came out about a week before Mendenhall's announcement. Anyway... good luck Rashad, he'll probably be on DWTS.
    I doubt it... it sounds like he didn't like being "on the job" 24/7. The younger generation loves social media and letting us know everything that's on their mind. Mend seems like the type to question the masses and fan's aren't FANS of that type of thinking.

Must be nice to wake up one day and quit your job at 26 with a few mill in the bank.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I doubt it... it sounds like he didn't like being "on the job" 24/7. The younger generation loves social media and letting us know everything that's on their mind. Mend seems like the type to question the masses and fan's aren't FANS of that type of thinking.

Must be nice to wake up one day and quit your job at 26 with a few mill in the bank.
    Social media.... Providing people an incredibly easy way to display ignorance and poor judgement in front of millions.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was Mendenhal another Steelers 1st round bust ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Given what he could have been with his talent....Yes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    No... he was productive when the OL blocked.