Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    He never supported Bin Laden.

He called out a nation for celebrating his death. Big difference.

Strange how only NOW you list the reason you didn't like him as a player.
    i let it be known i didnt like him before he tweeted his support for bin laden( 'we didnt get to hear his side of the story') and how players are treated like slaves, yet you want to lie and say this is the first time.............dude, give it up.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i let it be known i didnt like him before he tweeted his support for bin laden( 'we didnt get to hear his side of the story') and how players are treated like slaves, yet you want to lie and say this is the first time.............dude, give it up.
    I was only referring to this thread.

Unfortunately I don't have a backlog of every whinge & moan you've had about Steelers players on record to check.

The fact that you fail to realise what it is Mendenhall has tried to say socially isn't a failing of Mendenhall's.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That he called a nation out for doing just that thing shows bravery, in my honest opinion.
    I think it showed a great deal of insensitivity towards all the families and those people like myself who knew someone who lost their life on that tragic day.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I think it showed a great deal of insensitivity towards all the families and those people like myself who knew someone who lost their life on that tragic day.
    Yea it does... and I don't see a thing wrong with celebrating the death of a terrorist, who plotted and killed 2,000 of our fellow Americans. Call me old fashion I guess. In today's America, I guess that would be called politically incorrect lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Yea it does... and I don't see a thing wrong with celebrating the death of a terrorist, who plotted and killed 2,000 of our fellow Americans. Call me old fashion I guess. In today's America, I guess that would be called politically incorrect lol.
    I understand that, it's natural. For a Christian, though, forgiveness to an enemy is a virtue even if that enemy has to be eliminated. The scripture even says that God himself "takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked." (Ez 18:32)

Rashard seemed to have a problem with the party that everyone was having about a mans death. I know it's contrary to what a lot of people think, but no reason to flame him for his opinion, IMO.

Legend
    you don't like anyone on this team.... hell, not even sure you like this team.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    It's definitely a no win situation...

but I understand what Mend was getting at with his statement.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I understand that, it's natural. For a Christian, though, forgiveness to an enemy is a virtue even if that enemy has to be eliminated. The scripture even says that God himself "takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked." (Ez 18:32)

Rashard seemed to have a problem with the party that everyone was having about a mans death. I know it's contrary to what a lot of people think, but no reason to flame him for his opinion, IMO.
    I actually respected Mendy for going against the grain and sharing his views. I had more respect for the kid as a person than a football player.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

but its okay to flame everyone on this board that has a different opinion?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

but its okay to flame everyone on this board that has a different opinion?
    Do you think that?