Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits

  1. #41
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Strange how every complaint you bring up has zero to do with his play on the field.

    As far as I'm aware players are neither drafted for the personality they portray to fans, or for their inner-most thoughts. That he should get 'bashed' for both shows that maybe the expectation of the regular Joe needs to be looked at, not the player themself.

    so you are a big fan of ray lewis?
    who cares that he killed or helped kill a couple people because he s a good player on the field?

    spinthenfall was a mediocre rb while on the field too
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  2. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,422
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so you are a big fan of ray lewis?
    who cares that he killed or helped kill a couple people because he s a good player on the field?

    spinthenfall was a mediocre rb while on the field too
    Comparing what Ray Lewis was accused of to what Rashard Mendenhall openly admitted to 'doing' (oh no! twitter outrage people!) is not only the height of lunicy, but also shows where your level of subjectivity falls on its face.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  3. #43
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Given what he could have been with his talent....Yes.
    pretty much...

  4. #44
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Comparing what Ray Lewis was accused of to what Rashard Mendenhall openly admitted to 'doing' (oh no! twitter outrage people!) is not only the height of lunicy, but also shows where your level of subjectivity falls on its face.

    so you just pick and choose which off field antics count when liking or not liking a player. that makes sense
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  5. #45
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,095
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so you just pick and choose which off field antics count when liking or not liking a player. that makes sense
    Murder and an unpopular opinion are weighted differently, yes.

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,422
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so you just pick and choose which off field antics count when liking or not liking a player. that makes sense
    Ummm....yep. Certainly the level of 'hatred' can be scaled differently. Comparing the 2 is just insanity, and really shows more an agenda than an argument.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  7. #47
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Ummm....yep. Certainly the level of 'hatred' can be scaled differently. Comparing the 2 is just insanity, and really shows more an agenda than an argument.
    .
    i wasnt comparing the two. you basically said not to judge players by their off field antics.

    'Heaven forbid someone doesn't agree with the masses'........hmmmmm
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  8. #48
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,422
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    .
    i wasnt comparing the two. you basically said not to judge players by their off field antics.

    'Heaven forbid someone doesn't agree with the masses'........hmmmmm

    "The hate he got for his tweets was pathetic. Heaven forbid someone doesn't agree with the masses."

    Not at all what I said.

    And before you bastardize my next statement:

    "As far as I'm aware players are neither drafted for the personality they portray to fans, or for their inner-most thoughts. That he should get 'bashed' for both shows that maybe the expectation of the regular Joe needs to be looked at, not the player themself. "

    Pretty sure you won't find anyone defending criminal activities by players, but my point of castigating a player because he doesn't agree with the general consensus on a certain topic holds. The only person that wants to compare Mendenhall's tweets to Ray Lewis' murder investigation, is you. It's a rediculous comparison.

    Mendenhall was not a 1st round 'bust' because he didn't celebrate the death of an individual. That he called a nation out for doing just that thing shows bravery, in my honest opinion. He must have known how the fanatics would view it.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #49
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    "The hate he got for his tweets was pathetic. Heaven forbid someone doesn't agree with the masses."

    Not at all what I said.

    And before you bastardize my next statement:

    "As far as I'm aware players are neither drafted for the personality they portray to fans, or for their inner-most thoughts. That he should get 'bashed' for both shows that maybe the expectation of the regular Joe needs to be looked at, not the player themself. "

    Pretty sure you won't find anyone defending criminal activities by players, but my point of castigating a player because he doesn't agree with the general consensus on a certain topic holds. The only person that wants to compare Mendenhall's tweets to Ray Lewis' murder investigation, is you. It's a rediculous comparison.

    Mendenhall was not a 1st round 'bust' because he didn't celebrate the death of an individual. That he called a nation out for doing just that thing shows bravery, in my honest opinion. He must have known how the fanatics would view it.

    lol.............i guess i should have just tweeted my dislike for him then it would be excused and viewed as brave.
    i also never said he was a 1st round bust for defending bin laden. i think he was soft and had no heart. the tweets just added to my dislike for him.
    if you think hes a great rb and supported him for supporting bin laden, so be it
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  10. #50
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,422
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    lol.............i guess i should have just tweeted my dislike for him then it would be excused and viewed as brave.
    i also never said he was a 1st round bust for defending bin laden. i think he was soft and had no heart. the tweets just added to my dislike for him.
    if you think hes a great rb and supported him for supporting bin laden, so be it

    He never supported Bin Laden.

    He called out a nation for celebrating his death. Big difference.

    Strange how only NOW you list the reason you didn't like him as a player.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •