Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Champ Bailey anyone?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm not an advocate of bringing in Champ. But would Ike really be a better safety? Ike can't catch and his tackling ability hasn't been the greatest lately. Is that an upgrade over what Champ would offer?
    Ike would probably be better with the play in front of him at this stage in his career. And hes MUCH more physical and a better tackler than bailey. Thats all i was getting at, both are unlikely at this point

Legend

User Info Menu

Champ can't even stay healthy...

Legend

User Info Menu

no interest in a broken down, old CB.....

what do we keep hearing over and over again?... the Steelers need to get younger on defense... this ain't the way to do it.

Legend

User Info Menu

no.

hope that helps.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The dude is never healthy, so nothing else even needs said. Didn't he take the whole season off and then do nothing in the Super Bowl? Why would he help us? Not even in the realm of deserving consideration. I only started the thread because I was shocked no one else already had; every vet of note who gets cut is mentioned as someone who Pgh should sign, like clock work. I think Pgh should go back to not signing/re-signing anyone 30 or older, period. Only FAs they should consider should be 27 or younger. Philly stayed good for years until they junked that philosophy. The only exceptions are along the lines of a Hines Ward and Big Ben. Other than players like those, never sign players over 30. Keep adding young guys. Only hitch is to draft well, or it will fail.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Every single team board does that. All of them

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Every single team board does that. All of them
    Agree. And it's plain silly almost every time they do it. And I was shocked when I saw no one already posted on Champ.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would have liked dquell jackson though...sue me!

Legend

User Info Menu

if he was a steeler there would be a ton of people clamoring to resign him
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I would have liked dquell jackson though...sue me!
    IDK, Browns have $60 mill in cap space and STILL didn't want him. I think prior to this year he was solid but took a big step back, I am guessing. Actually, I am wrong: his 2013 tackles were up over 2012. IDK. Maybe he represents the "old" losing attitude they want to clean house of?