Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Foote cut

Starter
    those guys who are saying bye to foote for the reasons mentioned above (I would expect) would also be calling for Ike's pink slip.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    1.5 million is peanuts in todays NFL.

foote was a good leader, made a lot of tackles, and called the defense. Something the guy standing next to him making 10 million still can't do in his 7th season. That's good value, IMO.

not upset he was cut, just never agreed with the tremendous criticism he received here.
    I agree... Foote was solid and he wasn't expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    The team really missed foote last season...i think they need to get younger, but "happy"?

Vince Williams was hands down the worst player on the defense last season aside from maybe hood
    what were you expecting from a 6th round draft pick put in the starting role due to injury?
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer
    I think he was a good player and we missed him last year but...see above
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler
    They better have plan at ILB because, other than Timmons, a competent replacement doesn't exist on the roster.

VW looked better and faster than Foote the last 3-4 games than Foote looked all of last year.
    Plus it's time for the team to stop recycling old players and bring in younger and faster FA.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    VW looked better and faster than Foote the last 3-4 games than Foote looked all of last year.
    Plus it's time for the team to stop recycling old players and bring in younger and faster FA.
    I would with VW looking faster the last few games. Seemed like he played with more confidence, and without hesitation... which happens obviously as guys become familiar with the system, know their assignments, etc.

I think he could develop into a Larry Foote type of player.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I would with VW looking faster the last few games. Seemed like he played with more confidence, and without hesitation... which happens obviously as guys become familiar with the system, know their assignments, etc.

I think he could develop into a Larry Foote type of player.
    You aren't ever gonna see too many Larry Foote's in the NFL. Dude is small and slow. Always has been. But he's always had a 6th sense about him and almost always seemed to know where the ball was going and somehow managed to get their first.

Expecting another Larry Foote is like expecting another Russel Wilson. It's very infrequent that these little guys defy the odds.

I'd expect the Steelers to add some veteran ILB prior to the draft. Or see if they can move Woodley or JJ inside. Cause without Foote, we're still probably in a position of DL using Troy at the LOS in some sort of hybrid role again.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You aren't ever gonna see too many Larry Foote's in the NFL. Dude is small and slow. Always has been. But he's always had a 6th sense about him and almost always seemed to know where the ball was going and somehow managed to get their first.

Expecting another Larry Foote is like expecting another Russel Wilson. It's very infrequent that these little guys defy the odds.

I'd expect the Steelers to add some veteran ILB prior to the draft. Or see if they can move Woodley or JJ inside. Cause without Foote, we're still probably in a position of DL using Troy at the LOS in some sort of hybrid role again.

would agree that they may be looking for a vet via free agency...prior to the draft. Would question that 6'1" 240 is small. Never did see a 40 time for him, but, you are right... he had a nose for the football.

I'm sure we both hope the VW gives us Foote type of production. That would be a hell of a bargain at a 6th round pick.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    1.5 million is peanuts in todays NFL.

foote was a good leader, made a lot of tackles, and called the defense. Something the guy standing next to him making 10 million still can't do in his 7th season. That's good value, IMO.

not upset he was cut, just never agreed with the tremendous criticism he received here.
    timmons is easily a top 10, probably top 5 MLB in the NFL....to suggest hes anything short of the king of our defense at this point in his career is laughable
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    what were you expecting from a 6th round draft pick put in the starting role due to injury?
    exactly what he provided is what I expected. His ceiling is jasper brinkley, not a bad player but far from a cog in the defense. I had him mocked to the steelers, I do like him but MLBs that are like him (so-so in traffic and at taking on blockers, but a "thumper" size) are a dime a dozen
    Last edited by K Train; 03-05-2014 at 11:14 PM.