Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Contract Extensions for both Troy Polamalu and Heath Miller through 2016

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Just like our govt.: Kicking the can down the road to ensure future financial problems. I am not crazy about doing this all the time. Does anyone here believe Troy has 3 more years in him, of top shelf $? No way. This could be his last year and then what? More debt. More cap problems. I find this policy irresponsible. Do the right thing now to save our future, instead of being so Obama like.
    Instead of being so Congress like...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    im not sure where to start with statements like this.....lol
    He started by laughing at the membership here...then called us "fans" then supported it with one of the most insane observations I have ever read...and that is saying something. Not NCs best moment.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Our DEFENSIVE issues weren't from TROY. WE had TWO (Yes just TWO) guys in our FRONT 7 who got any pressure whatsoever (Worilds & Heyward). WILLIE GAY was our BEST Cornerback sad to say. Not knocking WILLIE GAY but he did his best and it was pretty good. RYAN CLARK did absolutely NOTHING. He's more interested in hitting people than making plays on the ball in the air. SO I'm not sure why extending TROY turns into a WHOLE defense thread when he wasn't the problem.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Our DEFENSIVE issues weren't from TROY. WE had TWO (Yes just TWO) guys in our FRONT 7 who got any pressure whatsoever (Worilds & Heyward). WILLIE GAY was our BEST Cornerback sad to say. Not knocking WILLIE GAY but he did his best and it was pretty good. RYAN CLARK did absolutely NOTHING. He's more interested in hitting people than making plays on the ball in the air. SO I'm not sure why extending TROY turns into a WHOLE defense thread when he wasn't the problem.
    Troy was only part of the problem. But, Troy didn't have a Troy like year.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Troy spent too much time at LB to have a Troy like year...

Except for the turnovers he caused...

Legend

User Info Menu

He started by laughing at the membership here...then called us "fans" then supported it with one of the most insane observations I have ever read...and that is saying something. Not NCs best moment.

i wasnt in the mood to waste my time.......lol
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The defense recovered quickly from a poor start? What are you talking about? There wasn't a single vet on D who had a good year besides Timmons.
    Gay and Heyward played some really good football

Legend

User Info Menu

When the D can't get pressure the QB has a chance to scan the field.... what would usually be a "wow, how did Troy see it coming!" turns into "wow, why is Troy so far out of position?"

It's too easy to spread the DB's thin when the QB has all day to throw.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Troy was a top 5 safety last year, even at the tail end of the 2012 season he was player very well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    haaahaaa, haaa. love these 'fans'. Glad the Steelers brass isn't run by you. There is a reason why the defense recovered from a poor start as quickly as they did. it was veteran leadership on this team. Everyone was waiting for the collapse that didn't happen. That's the difference between the Steelers and teams like the Browns, Tampa Bay, OAK. There are going to be a lot of new faces on defense over the next 3 yrs and it's up to these vets to mentor them up.
    late night?

The D never recovered IMO. The O recovered but the D lost the Miami game that should have been an easy win.