Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Contract Extensions for both Troy Polamalu and Heath Miller through 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And if you feel my statement was douchebaggery I can't help you.
    Hmmmm................

43cb6ab333f2fcec4dfee1a3bd35a3c1e29ebb2b7a8854351106c467c4f01ca1.jpg

This use to be such a helpful board now if seems to be full of people who can't help each other

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    This use to be such a helpful board now if seems to be full of people who can't help each other
    True...

Some posters are completely helpless...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Thats certainly part of it, but you cant give Troy a pass. He didn't play well last year. Not saying he is washed up, but he looked plain awful many games...missed tackles, out of position, poor coverage, getting swallowed up by linemen. He had his moments but he didn't look good and it wasn't all on the pass rush.
    Not giving him a pass... but I don't think he was as nearly as bad as you are making him out to be last year.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Troy's play is fine. It's more the other guys around him. Did he get out of position? Sure. Quite often actually. But I think it had more to do with the Steelers not being able to tackle and stop the run, so he was trying to do everything.

It's not like all of a sudden he forgot how to play in DL's D and continually got out of position as a result. He was trying to overcompensate for an overall lack of talent. Last season, we had 3 other guys on the field that were solid when they played - Heyward, Worilds/Woodley, and Gay.

I think Troy and Timmons both had some breakdowns trying to cover for other players lack of ability.
    I agree... but trying to do other people's jobs usually means their assignment isn't being completed which leads to big plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    True...

Some posters are completely helpless...
    Sorry I couldn't help myself

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.