Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Contract Extensions for both Troy Polamalu and Heath Miller through 2016

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Troy spent too much time at LB to have a Troy like year...

    Except for the turnovers he caused...
    Troy spent time at linebacker for a couple reasons...VW and the fact that he is a liability in coverage.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Gay and Heyward played some really good football
    Two guys played good football, neither grizzled Steeler vets. The rest played mediocre ball.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Troy was a top 5 safety last year, even at the tail end of the 2012 season he was player very well.


    Ummmmmm ok.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    When the D can't get pressure the QB has a chance to scan the field.... what would usually be a "wow, how did Troy see it coming!" turns into "wow, why is Troy so far out of position?"

    It's too easy to spread the DB's thin when the QB has all day to throw.
    Thats certainly part of it, but you cant give Troy a pass. He didn't play well last year. Not saying he is washed up, but he looked plain awful many games...missed tackles, out of position, poor coverage, getting swallowed up by linemen. He had his moments but he didn't look good and it wasn't all on the pass rush.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post


    Ummmmmm ok.
    at least top 10...he had a great year, I dont get how that can be argued. He played the best weve sen him in a while and he was one of very few difference makers on defense. IIRC his YPC given up was near the top for a SS

    Meanwhile, clark coming off great 11/12 seasons played like complete ****

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Troy spent time at linebacker for a couple reasons...VW and the fact that he is a liability in coverage.
    That's your opinion....I think the Steelers feel differently...if they did not, then they wouldn't extend his contract...

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That's your opinion....I think the Steelers feel differently...if they did not, then they wouldn't extend his contract...
    Yes, it's my opinion. That's what we do here give opinions. Troy could have taken a squat mid field and the Rooneys would have re-signed him.

  8. #38
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,994
    IMO, Troy was one of the only sparks on a lifeless defense besides maybe Cam.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yes, it's my opinion. That's what we do here give opinions.
    Really?

    Ermagerd!

    Thank you for letting me know that...

    What we don't do is behave like douchebags...

    I was merely pointing out that simply because one has an opinion, there is no reason to believe that one's opinion is above being questioned...if that's a problem, I humbly recommend staying away from message boards...

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Really?

    Ermagerd!

    Thank you for letting me know that...

    What we don't do is behave like douchebags...

    I was merely pointing out that simply because one has an opinion, there is no reason to believe that one's opinion is above being questioned...if that's a problem, I humbly recommend staying away from message boards...
    It's funny what some consider douchebaggery. When you are smug, expect a smug response. You act as if you know why the Steelers re-signed Troy...you state it as fact. Since the Steelers re-signed Troy then that means they were happy with his coverage skills last season...therefore you are wrong. It's broken logic and I expect better from you. Is it possible the Steelers feel at this stage in the game that even an aged, oft out of position Troy is better than Shark at this point in their careers, and that the Shark could use Troy's mentoring? Is it possible the Steelers know it would be a horrible PR move with many fans to let Troy walk or to cut him? Is it possible that the Steelers might not have been happy with Troy's play last season but think he still has enough in the tank to rebound this season? There are many reasons the Steelers might sign Troy...and none of them have to be that the Steelers didn't see what I seen last season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •