Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign Worilds to 1 year deal...9.7 mill

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

From the business side...Don't expect Worilds to rush back from any injury if he is on his tag. He is in no hurry to do ANYTHING. If Worilds has to play on his tag...He will not make his money until regular season. If a new deal gets done before the season....I'm sure he becomes healthy quick. Yes...There will be allot of negativity flying around...But I don't blame him at all.

Now that the personnel turnover is almost complete (Maybe a surprise signing) & the Steelers have plenty of cap room with Worilds on the tag....Why do the long term deal unless it works for the Steelers. Yes...There is a chance he plays lights out in '14. If you can't get a deal done because he increased his value..I still believe they can Franchise him in '15. 2014 LB Franchise was 11.5 mil. Eventually, he will have to make a decision about security & playing on game checks. I'm a Worilds fan & I know many others aren't...But I think you get a deal done only if it works for the Steelers.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The only thing I fear is a Mike Wallace situation...

Poor attitude...sub par play...playing not to get injured...etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I will say this...if Worilds doesn't pan out, or we can't get him signed the Steelers might be locked in going into next years draft. And that is a problem because I suspect Ike is on his way out. Which would mean OLB, and DB almost HAVE to be your top 2 picks. That is how teams get mediocre. Drafting for need.
    Pouncey and Gilbert are also entering the final years of their contracts, so OL may be a pretty significant need as well, depending on who we re-sign and who we don't.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Pouncey and Gilbert are also entering the final years of their contracts, so OL may be a pretty significant need as well, depending on who we re-sign and who we don't.
    This is true.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I still haven't heard an explanation of how a player increases his market value by having a sub-par year, a poor attitude and playing not to get hurt. And by the way, if you're on the field, "playing not to get hurt" may be akin to putting a target on your back. Opponents can tell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I still haven't heard an explanation of how a player increases his market value by having a sub-par year, a poor attitude and playing not to get hurt.
    Ask the Dolphins front office. Oh wait...they were all fired. Never mind.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruthlessburgher View Post
    ask the dolphins front office. Oh wait...they were all fired. Never mind.
    hilarious...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ask the Dolphins front office. Oh wait...they were all fired. Never mind.
    This is what I worry about...

Wallace was handsomely rewarded for his 2012 season...

Perhaps other FOs learned a lesson that will carry over...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pouncey can be replaced by.. .just about anyone apparently.
    Gilbert? I don't know... he hasn't been a whipping boy for a minute

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Pouncey can be replaced by.. .just about anyone apparently.
    I hear that Sean Mahan and Justin Hartwig are still available, and can be had for cheap. Any takers?