Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign Worilds to 1 year deal...9.7 mill

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    What is really frightening is Chris Carter and Jarvis Jones may end up being almost equal. Would love to add Trent Murphy in round 2
    You are horribly down on jones arent you?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Yup. To many posters, any Steeler that isn't All-Pro in year one is automatically a bust...

Polamalu, Heyward, DeCastro...and now Jones...

Pro Bowler
    Its a shame, Jones was a complete stud in college and while that doesnt automatically translate to the pros the concept of "thinking rather than reacting" holds true for many many rookies. Game will slow down. Jones did some good things last year, he set the edge better than expected, and was not nearly as horrible as some make him out to be.

He will not be chris carter, thats absurd

I thought JONES was going to be a bust from Day 1, so his rookie season wasn't a surprise to me
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Its a shame, Jones was a complete stud in college and while that doesnt automatically translate to the pros the concept of "thinking rather than reacting" holds true for many many rookies. Game will slow down. Jones did some good things last year, he set the edge better than expected, and was not nearly as horrible as some make him out to be.

He will not be chris carter, thats absurd
    Jones made some plays in pre-season and early in the year because he was reacting. Unfortunately teams used that to draw him out of position and give up big plays. Then he started thinking and his production went down. I agree that the game will slow down for him and he will go back to using his instincts to react instead of think. The difference being that now he will have learned not to move out of position. I still think Jones will be an excellent linebacker for us. I am a big believer of tape over measurables and Jones put together some awesome film in his college career.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend
    I hope he is the next Kevin Greene but I just have this nagging suspicion he may be the first Roind 1 pick we have missed on in a long time. I just don't see the explosiveness and power we typically have in that position.

Worilds had to get stronger but he always seemed to have the speed and explosiveness off the edge. I just don't see that yet in Jones
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yup. To many posters, any Steeler that isn't All-Pro in year one is automatically a bust...

Polamalu, Heyward, DeCastro...and now Jones...

why isnt it fair to call jones(or any other player a bust) after one year if they performed at a bust level that first year?
    sure seems a lot more accurate and sensible then saying he's great or gonna be great after a terrible first year.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    why isnt it fair to call jones(or any other player a bust) after one year if they performed at a bust level that first year?
    sure seems a lot more accurate and sensible then saying he's great or gonna be great after a terrible first year.
    because career's aren't made in the first year...

was Troy a bust?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    because career's aren't made in the first year...

was Troy a bust?
    But with Troy you always saw off the charts physical abilities so you always knew the potential greatness was coming. Do you see that with Jones? I don't
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    You can call him whatever you want...but, that doesn't make it correct...