Thread: Burress: ‘I Want To Come Back And Play’ For Steelers Next Season

Legend

User Info Menu

Burress: ‘I Want To Come Back And Play’ For Steelers Next Season

Plaxico Burress entered the 2013 NFL season with the Pittsburgh Steelers ready to make an impact, only to be sidelined by a torn rotator cuff during training camp.

Burress now is only one wide receiver on the long list of players set to become free agents next week, and the embattled 37-year-old says he wants another shot.

“I am going to treat it as I am coming back to play,” Burress said, via Steelers.com. “I am going to keep that mindset until they tell me otherwise. I am going to keep going until I can’t go anymore. The stronger I can get, I can come back and play. I want to come back and play.” Burress is working on the range of motion in his shoulder, and he said he still has a ways to go in his rehab process. But Burress wants to leave the game on his terms, not with an injury. “Nobody wants to leave via injury,” he said. “I am too much of a competitor to go out on that note. I am going to attack it and compete. I am going to train and rehab that way. I am approaching it with a business mind. I want to help the Steelers get to the ultimate goal, and that is winning a championship. That is why we work so hard when nobody is watching.”

[url]http://nesn.com/2014/03/plaxico-burress-i-want-to-come-back-and-play/[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Plax as a red zone option, but with his age, can he realistically ever get dressed since he wouldn't play ST?

Legend

User Info Menu

Hes looking for his last payday before he exits the NFL.
    Come to camp and get injured again.
    No thanks, I've seen enough.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With our WR Corps it couldn't hurt to throw him into the mix.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Wouldn't hurt to throw someone younger who hasn't reached their ceiling and is searching for the floor again either. I'd pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Wouldn't hurt to throw someone younger who hasn't reached their ceiling and is searching for the floor again either. I'd pass.
    we could get him for pennies and he is still a good Red Zone option and knows how to draw PI's in the endzone... if a young player can't beat out Plax they don't need to be here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Even at his age he is on par with this receiving corps. I hope they bring him back and he contributes. Cheap, lots of hunger, mature, working hard, makes a great option. We are not the strongest in that area, so he can't be hurting us much.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Even at his age he is on par with this receiving corps. I hope they bring him back and he contributes. Cheap, lots of hunger, mature, working hard, makes a great option. We are not the strongest in that area, so he can't be hurting us much.
    Exactly....work him out. If he still has something left, bring him in. Make him work for it and hopefully he'd be a good example to the youngsters and teach them what NOT to do in life.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!