Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worilds Designated as Transition Player

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With Orakpo franchised Worilds is the #1 OLB prospect in FA. So the Steelers are going to give him vs. Woodley 1 more year to decide who they're going to keep.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    With Orakpo franchised Worilds is the #1 OLB prospect in FA. So the Steelers are going to give him vs. Woodley 1 more year to decide who they're going to keep.
    Yeah...that's it. Makes sense. They don't want to invest in Worilds long term if he was a flash in the pan.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That explains Miller extension. The tag must fit under the cap. My assumptions: Levi Brown cut coming soon...Taylor must have verbally took a cut (Or worst case Steelers are cutting him)...Troy's "zero $" extension on the horizon too. Basicly, the Steelers have their direction.

With Orako being Franchised....The Transition tag protects the Steelers while they negotiate & if he test FA. With the elevated salary cap for '14...I say worst case, he will sign a deal that will net the Steelers a 3rd comp. Best case...Long Term deal is close & may get done before 11th.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    This is just as terrible as when they used it on starks
    I'd like to know why you feel this is terrible also?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Let me get this straight: They are using a "transitional" tag on a player who might not even be a starter? That can't be the case, can it? Does this mean Woodley is toast? Other wise, this just doesn't make on lick of sense. Do you still think the front office is shrewd or is Art 2 a hot mess?

IF they part ways with Wood, then I will reserve judgement. If not? I just don't know WTF is going on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh, and considering JW's assertion that he only wants to stay as a starter, this would mean bye bye Wood.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I say worst case, he will sign a deal that will net the Steelers a 3rd comp. Best case...Long Term deal is close & may get done before 11th.
    I thought that the Transition Tag means that the Steelers only have the right to match any offer Worilds gets, and that if he signs with another team, there's no comp. pick for the Steelers. Am I mistaken?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I'd like to know why you feel this is terrible also?
    because any cap space they were going to free up between brown, woodley, ike, a ben extension, a possible troy extension, and heaths extension is going to be tied up in a mediocre pass rusher due to lack of better options.

Moves like this arent going to get the steelers out of a cap hell

I dont know why anyone is under the impression the steelers get anything if he signs elsewhere, there is no compensation for a transition tag player but it will guarantee him the average of the top 10 highest paid OLBs salary if no one does and they cant work out a deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I thought that the Transition Tag means that the Steelers only have the right to match any offer Worilds gets, and that if he signs with another team, there's no comp. pick for the Steelers. Am I mistaken?
    you are correct, but I believe JPN is referring to a 3rd round comp pick like we got for Mike Wallace after he signed a lucrative contract with another team.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah...that's it. Makes sense. They don't want to invest in Worilds long term if he was a flash in the pan.
    Lets not forget that in this league you can't have too many pass rushers either. As of right now we have TWO bonified pass rushers and ONE of them can't stay healthy.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!