Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worilds Designated as Transition Player

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    because any cap space they were going to free up between brown, woodley, ike, a ben extension, a possible troy extension, and heaths extension is going to be tied up in a mediocre pass rusher due to lack of better options.
    The only one of those extensions that has been used is Heath's... all the rest would still free up cap space
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its still WAY to much for Worilds on a one year deal. If no one signs him he can hold them hostage for nearly $10 millions.

It would be one thing if he were a star player...von miller, aldon smith,...ect, sure id bite on that. hes not even close to being worth $10 million for this season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Let me get this straight: They are using a "transitional" tag on a player who might not even be a starter? That can't be the case, can it? Does this mean Woodley is toast? Other wise, this just doesn't make on lick of sense. Do you still think the front office is shrewd or is Art 2 a hot mess?

IF they part ways with Wood, then I will reserve judgement. If not? I just don't know WTF is going on.
    It likely means they aren't counting on getting anything from J Jones again this year. Need three OLBs for a rotation.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It likely means they aren't counting on getting anything from J Jones again this year. Need three OLBs for a rotation.
    I doubt thats the case

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They're just waiting to see what he is offered in FA. Someone will offer him something - they either match or they don't.

No way does Worilds stay for the 1 year at 9.75M. Worst case scenario they pull the tag off of him and move on with 9.75M freed up to spend as needed. This is just an insurance policy that doesn't hurt them at all to use since they can do away with it at any time without penalty.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why does this mean Woodley is staying? The transition tag is often used as part of the negotiation. They could still cut Woodley.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you are correct, but I believe JPN is referring to a 3rd round comp pick like we got for Mike Wallace after he signed a lucrative contract with another team.
    Thanks Hawaiiansteel...Exactly like you stated. If someone REALLY wants Worilds now...They will have to pay him $$$$$ to cause the Steelers not to match. Which more than likely will net a '15 3rd. I'll take Worilds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    They're just waiting to see what he is offered in FA. Someone will offer him something - they either match or they don't.

No way does Worilds stay for the 1 year at 9.75M. Worst case scenario they pull the tag off of him and move on with 9.75M freed up to spend as needed. This is just an insurance policy that doesn't hurt them at all to use since they can do away with it at any time without penalty.
    Wow, somebody gets it w/o screaming the sky is falling

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Why does this mean Woodley is staying? The transition tag is often used as part of the negotiation. They could still cut Woodley.
    Could they use the transitional tag on Woirlds as leverage to negotiate with Woodley and get him to reduce his contract? I don't know if that's possible, but if that's what you're suggesting, I'm on board.

I think this is too much money to spend on Woirlds. Hopefully they use it to leverage Woodley then let the highest bidder take Woirlds.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Could they use the transitional tag on Woirlds as leverage to negotiate with Woodley and get him to reduce his contract? I don't know if that's possible, but if that's what you're suggesting, I'm on board.

I think this is too much money to spend on Woirlds. Hopefully they use it to leverage Woodley then let the highest bidder take Woirlds.
    Yes, that's what they can and will be doing.
    Just because JW has a 1 year offer right now doesn't mean a team can't negotiate a deal