Its still WAY to much for Worilds on a one year deal. If no one signs him he can hold them hostage for nearly $10 millions.
It would be one thing if he were a star player...von miller, aldon smith,...ect, sure id bite on that. hes not even close to being worth $10 million for this season
- Charles Harris-OLB, Missouri
- Rasul Douglas-CB, West Virginia
- Chris Godwin-WR, Penn State
- John Johnson-S, Boston College
- James Conner-RB, Pitt
- Nazair Jones-DT, North Carolina
- Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, Penn State
They're just waiting to see what he is offered in FA. Someone will offer him something - they either match or they don't.
No way does Worilds stay for the 1 year at 9.75M. Worst case scenario they pull the tag off of him and move on with 9.75M freed up to spend as needed. This is just an insurance policy that doesn't hurt them at all to use since they can do away with it at any time without penalty.
Why does this mean Woodley is staying? The transition tag is often used as part of the negotiation. They could still cut Woodley.
Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.
I think this is too much money to spend on Woirlds. Hopefully they use it to leverage Woodley then let the highest bidder take Woirlds.
1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska