Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I think this plays out...

Hybrid View

How I think this plays out...

After the combine, and some recent "insider" information floating around, I'm ready to put together my board. Now mind you, it's not the board I would put together but how I believe the Steelers board looks currently.

1) Khalil Mack
    2) Jadeveon Clowney
    3) Sammy Watkins
    4) Teddy Bridgewater
    5) Anthony Barr
    6) Greg Robinson
    7) Jake Matthews
    Mike Evans
    9) CJ Mosley
    10) Darqueze Dennard
    11) Justin Gilbert
    12) Eric Ebron
    13) Calvin Pryor
    14) Hasean Clinton-Dix
    15) Aaron Donald
    16) Marquise Lee
    17) Timmy Jernigan
    1 Kelvin Benjamin
    19) Blake Bortles
    20) Cyrus Kouandjio

Is this how you think the Steelers would draft? So, if Bridgewater falls to 15, and none of Watkins, Clowney, or Mack do, that Teddy B. is the choice?

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Is this how you think the Steelers would draft? So, if Bridgewater falls to 15, and none of Watkins, Clowney, or Mack do, that Teddy B. is the choice?
    Yes, this is how I believe the Steelers would draft. While QB isn't a need this season. To pass on a talent like Bridgewater if he fell to 15 would be ignorant. While I like Manziel better, I doubt he is even on the Steelers board.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yes, this is how I believe the Steelers would draft. While QB isn't a need this season. To pass on a talent like Bridgewater if he fell to 15 would be ignorant. While I like Manziel better, I doubt he is even on the Steelers board.
    No.. Read the article that Lance Zierlein put together a few years ago explaining how the Steelers conduct their draft board. All of those QB's Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles, will not be on their final draft board when they stack the boards.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    No.. Read the article that Lance Zierlein put together a few years ago explaining how the Steelers conduct their draft board. All of those QB's Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles, will not be on their final draft board when they stack the boards.
    Read it...basically said their board would look different than mock draft boards. Not a whole lot of insight there. Hence the reason I left off Manziel...due to character issues. Also, the league may see someone as a second rounder but the Steelers don't. Wow. where did he come up with that mind blowing insight. But, any fan who believes the Steelers would pass on Bridgewater if he fell is likely mistaken. If the Steelers board were that different than consensus top 30, why is it many of us guess correctly the first round pick? I actually got round 1 and 2 correct last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Read it...basically said their board would look different than mock draft boards. Not a whole lot of insight there. Hence the reason I left off Manziel...due to character issues. Also, the league may see someone as a second rounder but the Steelers don't. Wow. where did he come up with that mind blowing insight. But, any fan who believes the Steelers would pass on Bridgewater if he fell is likely mistaken. If the Steelers board were that different than consensus top 30, why is it many of us guess correctly the first round pick? I actually got round 1 and 2 correct last season.
    Help me out here, if Bridgewater fell to 1.15, why would the Steelers draft him? It would be a 1st round pick that isn't helping the Steelers on either side of the ball for at least 2 years, but more likely 4 or 5 years. I just don't see the purpose in drafting a player that high that you aren't going to use for somewhere between 2 and 5 years, barring injury to Ben of course.

I get the whole "value" idea when you have someone graded top 5 and you can draft him at 15, but don't need a place for him to play a little sooner than the Steelers hope they will need him?

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler
    why would the steelers have qbs on their list?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Cyrus K has a bum knee and terrible workouts. No way is that guy considered top 20 anymore.

Why Bridgewater all the way at 4 and Bortles not til 15?

Why not until 6 and 7 for the first Olinemen?

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Cyrus K has a bum knee and terrible workouts. No way is that guy considered top 20 anymore.

Why Bridgewater all the way at 4 and Bortles not til 15?

Why not until 6 and 7 for the first Olinemen?
    I believe Bridgewater to be heads above Bortles who in my opinion has the ceiling of Flacco. Bridgewater's only knock is his build. He is tall enough, has the arm and accuracy to make all the throws, and he has a very high football IQ, processing reads better than just about any QB we have seen in recent years.

Some of you act as if Ben will play forever. And who knows when we will be drafting this high again. If your QB is 31, has taken as many hits as Ben...and you are looking at a franchise QB that slipped. You take him.

PS-CBS post combine has Cyrus at 24. And the OLmen listed IMO are about on par with the talent around them in those slots. Meaning the Steelers will have need factored into their board.
    Last edited by Shawn; 03-03-2014 at 04:03 PM.

they have to RANK the players, regardless of need. it helps them determine what they expect to be available, etc. doesn't necessarily mean they'll take them.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE