Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Why the pick won't be Benjamin.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,903

    Why the pick won't be Benjamin.

    If the Steelers truly want a tall WR in the first...and Evans isn't there...will they pick Benjamin. The answer is no. Why? Because Ebron is just as fast, runs surgical routes and has circus catch hands. He is only an inch shorter. Why would the Steelers draft a raw WR, if Ebron is sitting there? The answer is they won't.

    1) Evans
    2) Ebron
    Benjamin doesn't make the cut.
    1 Takkarist McKinley-OLB UCLA
    2 Budda Baker-FS Washington
    3 Noah Brown-WR tOSU
    4 Joe Mixon-RB Oklahoma
    5 Ahkello Witherspoon-CB Colorado
    6 Riley Bullough-ILB Michigan State
    7 QB-Seth Russell-Baylor

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If the Steelers truly want a tall WR in the first...and Evans isn't there...will they pick Benjamin. The answer is no. Why? Because Ebron is just as fast, runs surgical routes and has circus catch hands. He is only an inch shorter. Why would the Steelers draft a raw WR, if Ebron is sitting there? The answer is they won't.

    1) Evans
    2) Ebron
    Benjamin doesn't make the cut.
    I think taking Ebron over Benjamin would be a great move
    1. Charles Harris-OLB, Missouri
    2. Rasul Douglas-CB, West Virginia
    3. Chris Godwin-WR, Penn State
    4. John Johnson-S, Boston College
    5. James Conner-RB, Pitt
    6. Nazair Jones-DT, North Carolina
    7. Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, Penn State

  3. #3
    Agreed. Don't think Benjamin is a Steeler player. However Haley's offense has never been a TE emphasized one either. Love your mock Shawn.
    1) Tak McKinnley-OLB-UCLA
    2) Adoree-Jackson-CB-USC
    3) Kendell Beckwith-ILB-LSU
    3) Justin Evans-S-TAMU
    4) Samaje Perine-RB-OU
    5) Levon Meyers-OT-N.Illinois
    6) Chad Kelly-QB-Ole Miss
    7) Josh Dobbs-QB-Tenn












  4. #4
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Agreed. Don't think Benjamin is a Steeler player. However Haley's offense has never been a TE emphasized one either. Love your mock Shawn.
    Thanks. I wonder though if Haley's O's haven't been about the TE because he hasn't coached a star at TE. As a receiver, Ebron might be the best in this draft who's name isn't Watkins. My issue with Ebron is that I don't believe he can replace Miller when the time comes. The knock on Ebron is blocking...and the Steelers need their TEs to block.
    1 Takkarist McKinley-OLB UCLA
    2 Budda Baker-FS Washington
    3 Noah Brown-WR tOSU
    4 Joe Mixon-RB Oklahoma
    5 Ahkello Witherspoon-CB Colorado
    6 Riley Bullough-ILB Michigan State
    7 QB-Seth Russell-Baylor

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,195
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Agreed. Don't think Benjamin is a Steeler player. However Haley's offense has never been a TE emphasized one either. Love your mock Shawn.
    This is true, until he found heath miller

    Ebron over Benjamin is a clear choice to me. A pretty good comparison for KB would be Jonathan Baldwin, who haley missed on hard

    Drafting Ebron isnt "using a first round pick on a 3rd TE" it is drafting a dynamic weapon that would play TE and in the slot and create major mismatches and be heaths replacement in a few year. Cant have too many weapons

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    This is true, until he found heath miller

    Ebron over Benjamin is a clear choice to me. A pretty good comparison for KB would be Jonathan Baldwin, who haley missed on hard

    Drafting Ebron isnt "using a first round pick on a 3rd TE" it is drafting a dynamic weapon that would play TE and in the slot and create major mismatches and be heaths replacement in a few year. Cant have too many weapons
    If this guy is an athletic freak like the TE from SF... I say we could do much worse with our first pick.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    If this guy is an athletic freak like the TE from SF... I say we could do much worse with our first pick.
    He is easily the best TE prospect since 06 and vernon davis.

    Obviously you had guys like gronk and graham come out since then but they were far from great prospects, especially graham.

    Teams have been taking guys like Eifert, Fleener, Ertz, Rudolph all hoping to find the next dynamic TE, and while all of them are fine players none of them were that kind of pass catcher. I bleieve Ebron definitely could be, ben would love having him work the seems

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,371
    even if evans is there, they should draft ebron in the first and mathews in the second.
    go all defense the rest of the way
    tomlins playoff record with mostly cowhers players 5-2 (first 4 years)
    with mostly his own 3-4 (last 6 years)
    averaging 1 1/4 win per year and a 1/2 a loss per year with cowhers guys
    averaging 1/2 win per year and 3/4 losses per year with his own

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,913
    don't want benjamin or lee at #15

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,462
    He (Ebron) also has a very high drop rate, despite the ability to make the circus catch. Unfortunately Benjamin drops a lot too, so it's not a slam dunk either way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •