Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the pick won't be Benjamin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Agreed. Don't think Benjamin is a Steeler player. However Haley's offense has never been a TE emphasized one either. Love your mock Shawn.
    This is true, until he found heath miller

Ebron over Benjamin is a clear choice to me. A pretty good comparison for KB would be Jonathan Baldwin, who haley missed on hard

Drafting Ebron isnt "using a first round pick on a 3rd TE" it is drafting a dynamic weapon that would play TE and in the slot and create major mismatches and be heaths replacement in a few year. Cant have too many weapons

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    This is true, until he found heath miller

Ebron over Benjamin is a clear choice to me. A pretty good comparison for KB would be Jonathan Baldwin, who haley missed on hard

Drafting Ebron isnt "using a first round pick on a 3rd TE" it is drafting a dynamic weapon that would play TE and in the slot and create major mismatches and be heaths replacement in a few year. Cant have too many weapons
    If this guy is an athletic freak like the TE from SF... I say we could do much worse with our first pick.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If the Steelers truly want a tall WR in the first...and Evans isn't there...will they pick Benjamin. The answer is no. Why? Because Ebron is just as fast, runs surgical routes and has circus catch hands. He is only an inch shorter. Why would the Steelers draft a raw WR, if Ebron is sitting there? The answer is they won't.

1) Evans
    2) Ebron
    Benjamin doesn't make the cut.
    They probably won't take Benjamin,but I saw him in the little of the combine I watched,and he physically,is very,very impressive.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    If this guy is an athletic freak like the TE from SF... I say we could do much worse with our first pick.
    He is easily the best TE prospect since 06 and vernon davis.

Obviously you had guys like gronk and graham come out since then but they were far from great prospects, especially graham.

Teams have been taking guys like Eifert, Fleener, Ertz, Rudolph all hoping to find the next dynamic TE, and while all of them are fine players none of them were that kind of pass catcher. I bleieve Ebron definitely could be, ben would love having him work the seems

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't have Benjamin in the Top 15 so I would agree. I have Watkins & Evans in that as well as Ebron. Have Gilbert & Mosley inside that too. Don't have Dennard, Clinton-Dix, or Nix in the Top 15 so wouldn't take them either without exploring a trade back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I don't have Benjamin in the Top 15 so I would agree. I have Watkins & Evans in that as well as Ebron. Have Gilbert & Mosley inside that too. Don't have Dennard, Clinton-Dix, or Nix in the Top 15 so wouldn't take them either without exploring a trade back.
    I pretty much agree with your rankings. I'd be quite pleased with any of Watkins, Evans or Gilbert at 15. I'd be fine with Ebron or Mosley as well, but would probably be disappointed with any of the others that you listed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Benjamin is really interesting. He doesnt have top end speed or quickness but his route running has improved over the year and his size is ridiculous. He COULD be the perfect compliment to brown, but he also could be a nobody. His size is definitely rare at the position

Legend

User Info Menu

Benjamin is really interesting. He doesnt have top end speed or quickness but his route running has improved over the year and his size is ridiculous. He COULD be the perfect compliment to brown, but he also could be a nobody. His size is definitely rare at the position
    Generally speaking...pure jump ball kings don't pan out well in the NFL. Benjamin is a project. IMO he is a boom/bust kind of second round talent. To be perfectly honest Sweed was the better college talent. Frankly, he was a better WR in all aspects of the game except the jump ball.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Generally speaking...pure jump ball kings don't pan out well in the NFL. Benjamin is a project. IMO he is a boom/bust kind of second round talent. To be perfectly honest Sweed was the better college talent. Frankly, he was a better WR in all aspects of the game except the jump ball.
    He is absolutely a boom or bust guy. Watkins, Evans, Lee, Moncrief are all higher than him for me, but his tools are very intriguing.

One thing about him is how his routes did mprove last year and his frame isnt thin like a Dwayen Jarrett, James Hardy, Ramses Barden, Limas Sweed. I LOVED sweed, its so upsetting that he wasnt what we thought hed be.

He is s jump ball guy, but he could also be a great possession guy like Keyshawn, Boldin, Marshall, ect...doesnt have deep speed per say but he caught quite a few balls down the sideline as well. He could be a guy with low YPC or he could be a guy with 20+ YPC...really tough to pin point what kind of player he will be.

At first, my comparison was Reggie Williams while at washington, and thats a frightening comparison. I wouldnt hate the pick because i do think he has a high ceiling, but he has a out-of-the-league-in-2-years floor too

I think draft day they will covet watkins or evans, they really arent afraid to move up if that is the case...weve seen it before

Legend

User Info Menu

He is absolutely a boom or bust guy. Watkins, Evans, Lee, Moncrief are all higher than him for me, but his tools are very intriguing.

One thing about him is how his routes did mprove last year and his frame isnt thin like a Dwayen Jarrett, James Hardy, Ramses Barden, Limas Sweed. I LOVED sweed, its so upsetting that he wasnt what we thought hed be.

He is s jump ball guy, but he could also be a great possession guy like Keyshawn, Boldin, Marshall, ect...doesnt have deep speed per say but he caught quite a few balls down the sideline as well. He could be a guy with low YPC or he could be a guy with 20+ YPC...really tough to pin point what kind of player he will be.

At first, my comparison was Reggie Williams while at washington, and thats a frightening comparison. I wouldnt hate the pick because i do think he has a high ceiling, but he has a out-of-the-league-in-2-years floor too

I think draft day they will covet watkins or evans, they really arent afraid to move up if that is the case...weve seen it before
    The thing that I personally like about him is how physical he plays. He is a TE at wideout. Height, physicality, and jump ball skills...is that enough? I would like to find out...but not in the first round.
    Trolls are people too.