Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D'Qwell Jackson??

Backup

User Info Menu

D'Qwell Jackson??

Would the Steelers show any interest. He was only gonna make 4 million for Browns which is not that high. Had over a 100 tackles last year and was the leader on that Def. Strong locker room presence and a Vet that could benefit for a change of culture. I know Foote will be back but Dquell is younger and has more football left. I do not think he would be pricey. Think you could get him cheaper than what you are paying Foote. I am sure he would love to play for Pittsburgh. This could be one of the FA signings that is not sexy but one of the bargain types we tend to find like a Ryan Clack deal. Honestly I think the reason he was let go was because after they fired Chud he was very vocal about the train wreck front office. All my Browns fans were in shock they parted ways with him as they have the money to spend and he is not on the books for a lot .

Legend

User Info Menu

He's not going to take less than what Foote is making...
    Foote is coming off of a serious biceps injury and is 3 years older.
    I'd take a chance on him, cut Foote and let Williams backup.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Jackson/Timmons in the middle would be quite potent.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd pass. The Browns have $61 million in cap space. If they're releasing somebody, it's because he can't play, not because they need the cap room.

A few years ago, Jackson would have been nice, but from what I've read, his play really slipped last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'd pass. The Browns have $61 million in cap space. If they're releasing somebody, it's because he can't play, not because they need the cap room.

A few years ago, Jackson would have been nice, but from what I've read, his play really slipped last year.
    And when have the Browns ever did anything that made sense?
    Don't know what you've read but the guy can still play according to other NFL teams.
    [URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329706/article/dqwell-jackson-schedules-visits-with-broncos-titans[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Don't know what you've read but the guy can still play according to other NFL teams.
    [URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329706/article/dqwell-jackson-schedules-visits-with-broncos-titans[/URL]
    This is true... the mistake by the lake loves to do the opposite of what makes sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    According to Pro Football Focus, he was the #42 ILB this year, and #41 the year before (after ranking 13th best in 2011).

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329412/article/dqwell-jackson-released-by-cleveland-browns[/url]

I read elsewhere (can't find it now) that his play against the run was an issue last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Playing in Cleveland will do that to you.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i'm sure the steelers could reach out to Ray Horton and get the scoop on Jackson. I remember him being a linebacker that would look great in the black and gold but last year I didn't hear much about him.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Colts ink LB D'Qwell Jackson to four-year deal

by Ross Jones
    FOX Sports
    MAR 06, 2014

Nobody breaks news with more oomph than Colts owner Jim Irsay. He did so on Thursday morning by announcing the signing of linebacker D’Qwell Jackson.

“Welcome to the Colts, D’Qwell!” Irsay wrote.

The four-year deal is worth $22 million, with $11 million guaranteed, according to FOX Sports 1’s Mike Garafolo.

While Jackson met with the Titans, Broncos and Dolphins, the linebacker now looks to replace Pat Angerer, who said that he wouldn’t be re-signed this offseason in Indy. Jackson should immediately boost the Colts’ defense as he is a tackling machine, racking up 417 tackles in the last three seasons.

“We are pleased to announce the signing of inside linebacker D’Qwell Jackson,” General Manager Ryan Grigson said. “He is a team-first guy that has been a very consistent producer on the field. The tempo, energy and determination he plays with are right up there with the best in this league. He brings a welcomed element of experience and natural leadership to our team and we are excited to add him to the strong nucleus of linebackers we currently have on our roster.”

Two years after handing Jackson a five-year $42.5 million extension, the Browns released him last week, ending his eight-year career in Cleveland.

[URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/colts-ink-lb-d-qwell-jackson-to-four-year-deal-030614?cmpid=msn%3Afoxsports%3Aansfox11[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha