Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I am already tired of this Gay movement and Sports

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Quoting one Bible passage is a dangerous and slippery undertaking. Look at the Mormons. They are christians who believe(d) that man could take many wives based on what they read in the Bible.

"God will be the judge," not you.

And yet, you do judge. So, do religious leaders. They judge every day. Many christian groups and leaders have agendas full of hate. This is not what Jesus taught us.

I studied theology with Jesuit priests and Protestant Ministers. I walked away with just as many questions as answers. And, I'm ok with that. that is the struggle of life. There is much gray in this world. We need to approach things we don't understand or don't necessarily find correct with an open mind and a kind heart. That is the only way to live a righteous life.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    The Bible was breathed into man, inspired by God himself. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. It goes back to my point of if it feels right then it must be ok...to each his own. Love is the motive but it is also a book of warning.
    It's not the person I will judge...I am speaking against the act...something I have stated a million times. God will be the judge.
    Correctly translated and properly interpreted through an accurate historical lens.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    great post...

Unfortunately the Bible is used to kill, hate, separate and bash more than it is to love, forgive and bring people together. People hide behind that book to do justify their vile ways.
    Things of God have been used by men for centuries to validate violence, slavery, bigotry, hate etc. It's why Jesus was upset with the religious men of that day. They used the Scriptures to enslave people...not to free them.

Starter
    That is also great if homosexuals are seeking the Lord but eventually if they find Him the lifestyle will have to end.
    I find statements like this ridiculous, uneducated, hilarious, sad and illogical, all at the same time. How on earth can any sane, "intelligent" being think for a moment that being gay is a lifestyle choice? Do you really think that people just DECIDE to be attracted to someone of the same sex anymore than a heterosexual "decides" to be attracted to the opposite sex? You're made the way you're made and you have no more say in it than you do the color of your eyes. It's possible to be forced into doing something you don't want because of religious or peer pressure but deep down, you're wired to be attracted to what you're attracted to and no one should judge anyone for that. I would have more respect for people who think that a gay person has something medically wrong with them than I have for people who think that gay people are just "sinners".

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The Bible wasn't written by guys commanded to by government. That is false. But, Emperor Justinian did have an influence over the translations which effected some modern day doctrine specifically in regards to eternal punishment. It's why it's so important for believers to do research on not only the historical context but the original languages.
    i got ahead of myself... not "written" but, "translated"... as i correctly said in the KJ version example...
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer
    So I guess you don't believe in God? I would be wondering a lot on how this world came into existence.
    I believe in God. I don't believe in the bible.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Pro Bowler
    The difference is there is many pizza joints, thousands of drinks, many different diets...but only one God and one Bible. ONE STANDARD by the way things are to be done.
    That is also great if homosexuals are seeking the Lord but eventually if they find Him the lifestyle will have to end. They will want it to end themselves after finding true meaning.
    First prove to me that the god you believe in is real and the only true god. After that, you can start telling me and everybody else how he wants us to live our lives.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

Hall of Famer
    The difference is there is many pizza joints, thousands of drinks, many different diets...but only one God and one Bible. ONE STANDARD by the way things are to be done.
    That is also great if homosexuals are seeking the Lord but eventually if they find Him the lifestyle will have to end. They will want it to end themselves after finding true meaning.
    Actually there are many gods and many bibles. There are, and there have been, so many religions that to say that there is ONE STANDARD is ludicrous. Alot of the mythology of the bible comes from Mythologies that predate even written language. Hell Hindus alone have more than one God. Just because you believe in only one God, doesn't make you right. Many people have died because of that kind of arrogance.

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope
    "Who am I to judge them (homosexuals) if they're seeking the Lord in good faith?"
    I just can't get over the Pope posting on this forum...

Hall of Famer
    So am I the only one that thinks that ESPN over did the Sam footage of when he actually got drafted? We usually don't see straight dudes kiss there girl as much as we saw in that instance.

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining