Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cood read on top CB's.

Pro Bowler

Cood read on top CB's.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-cb-metrics-10 There are other "metric" position write ups also. This also makes Roby look "bad" and Dennard look very good. Here is another for some more top CB's. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-cb-metrics-20 Ok these are to good for someone like myself that did not watch any college games of these players. Here is the WR's http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...p-4-wr-metrics Here are more WR's :http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-wr-metrics-20 Here are the TE's for Ovi : http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...hek-te-metrics
    Last edited by SS Laser; 02-27-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Dennard is the most polished DB in this draft. IMO, if he is there he is the clear pick. But, he is moving up since his combine, he might not make it out of the top 10.

Pro Bowler
    Even though I have made it known i prefer Gilbert to Dennard, we are talking about the difference between taking Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden...either way, you are going to get a good player, either way the player would be a steal at 15

To me neither grades out as high as them at this point, but i would have both ranked above mo claiborne, leon hall, vontae davis, stephon gilmore, dre kirkpatrick, kareem jackson, ect....as prospects and some of those guys were top 10 picks

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Dennard is the most polished DB in this draft. IMO, if he is there he is the clear pick. But, he is moving up since his combine, he might not make it out of the top 10.
    In most years Dennard might not get out of the top 10, but this is a very strong year up top. There is still a chance, but are are so many candidates who could be picked high.

You have 3 QBs slotted to go in the top 10, and possibly a fourth
    You have Barr, Mack, Clowney, and maybe Mosley
    You have Watkins, and then possibly of a run on guys like Lee, Evans, Benjamin
    You have Matthews and Robinson, with possibilities of a run on OTs such as Lewan, Martin
    You have Gilbert going if he is the first CB.
    You have surprise possibilities such as Nix, Jernigan, Ebron, Pryor, Clinton-Dix

There is a much better chance than in most years that a guy that good falls to 15. If not him, it looks like there will be a very good "top 10 quality" prospect waiting at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    In most years Dennard might not get out of the top 10, but this is a very strong year up top. There is still a chance, but are are so many candidates who could be picked high.

You have Matthews and Robinson, with possibilities of a run on OTs such as Lewan, Martin
    You have surprise possibilities such as Nix, Jernigan, Ebron, Pryor, Clinton-Dix

There is a much better chance than in most years that a guy that good falls to 15. If not him, it looks like there will be a very good "top 10 quality" prospect waiting at 15.
    Exactly... I've heard about 50 players named as "Top 10 candidates". There is going to be a top tier player that drops to 15.

Agreed. In most years Dennard is a top 10 pick. I truly believe he is that good. I don't see much weakness in his game. It's part of the reason I am ok staying put. If a Dennard, or Watkins drop...you have to stay put. Mosley is a bring your lunch pail guy who would solidify your ILB core for years. Evans is intriguing, and I wouldn't be sad if the Steelers grabbed him at 15.

With all of that said...the only guy I believe who will be there at 15 is Mosley. If presented with Mosley or trading back with a team like SF...what do you do? Personally, I would trade back and grab a guy like Donald.

Agreed. In most years Dennard is a top 10 pick. I truly believe he is that good. I don't see much weakness in his game. It's part of the reason I am ok staying put. If a Dennard, or Watkins drop...you have to stay put. Mosley is a bring your lunch pail guy who would solidify your ILB core for years. Evans is intriguing, and I wouldn't be sad if the Steelers grabbed him at 15.

With all of that said...the only guy I believe who will be there at 15 is Mosley. If presented with Mosley or trading back with a team like SF...what do you do? Personally, I would trade back and grab a guy like Donald.
    Donald could very well be gone by 15 now too after his combine performance.

From highlight videos, I was more sold on Gilbert than Dennard, although I thought it was a 1A/1B type of situation. After seeing the metrics and the breakdowns, I think Dennard is the guy to take. Gilbert is crazy athletic and can be a ballhawk, but it appears he gives up way too much in between splash plays.

Like I have said before, I don't have any exposure to Gilbert. But, from what I read Dennard is the more complete and polished DB, but Gilbert has the higher ceiling. Take that for what it's worth. I believe Dennard has a better chance of stepping in and contributing first year.

Legend

I think Barr probably Combined himself out of the top 10 or 15. Still think Benjamin and Lee will be the WRs on the board when we pick at #15. Either would be a good choice.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Like I have said before, I don't have any exposure to Gilbert. But, from what I read Dennard is the more complete and polished DB, but Gilbert has the higher ceiling. Take that for what it's worth. I believe Dennard has a better chance of stepping in and contributing first year.
    Sort of like the Bridgewater and Bortles debate at QB. Bridgewater is said to be the most ready for the Pros, but Bortles is the higher ceiling QB who could win you a Super Bowl someday.

I may be bias because Bortles grew up here, but with O'Brien as the new head coach for the Texans, Bortles is the QB he can develop into something special.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!