Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The trade Colbert needs to make

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I do not understand for the life of me why people (including the media) think the 49ers lack weapons.

Gore/Lattimore?
    Vernon Davis?
    Boldin?
    Crabtree?

Lack weapons??? huh?!?!?
    Gore 31 and had a career low in YPC
    Lattimore-unproven
    Boldin-will be his 13th season

Davis and Crabtree are legit. This team needs another WR just as bad as the Steelers
    2015 Draft

1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Geno Grissom-OLB-Oklahoma
    3) Jeff Heuerman-TE-Ohio St
    4) Taylor Kelly-QB-Arizona St.
    5) Jonathan Mincy-CB-Auburn
    6) Julian Wilson-CB-Oklahoma
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Pro Bowler
    I do not understand for the life of me why people (including the media) think the 49ers lack weapons.
    I get what you are saying, but they are getting old and have ? marks with some of these guys. It's not complete insanity to say they could use more play makers.

Gore/Lattimore? - Gore is getting up there. Tons of mileage on his body. Still seemed productive last year but that won't last forever. Father time is undefeated in taking players down. Had over 1,100 yards but his 4.1 ypc avg. was the lowest of his career and he is over 30 now. He should probably be in more of a complimentory role moving forward, as opposed to the bread and butter back. Lattimore? Coming off major surgery, was mackin' it before. No one knows if he can come back fully or stay in one piece after he does. Hunter is OK, but probably not a every down back, James is definitely too small to have that many touches. I think it's a given SF will draft a back this draft. He might not have that many touches, as they might gut it out with Gore and Hunter one more season, but they need someone waiting in the wings.

Vernon Davis? - The word "potential" has become a somewhat dirty word with Davis. After a while, "potential" is no longer good enough. 52 grabs and 850 yards is better than average for a TE. So, he isn't a bust, but word is out that if you get rough with this guy, he gets soft and disappears and that rep. seems to be accurate. Is he a liability? No. But he isn't the monster his measurables said he should be, with his huge size while having blazing speed. Yes, he is a weapon, just not the one many thought he'd turn out to be.

Boldin? - Never was that fast, and now he is even slower. Doesn't have many years left, and he he has to make catches by out-muscling defenders for ball, using his vice grip hands. Still a value, but you need than just a slow guy to open things up more.

Crabtree? - Finally turned into a good player, but they need more than just him.

Lack weapons??? huh?!?!? - Not completely bare of play makers, but not overly stacked for the future either. They would benefit from a blazer who pops the top on a defense. They really could. And they need a running back with size and speed in case Lattimore doesn't make it all the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I get what you are saying, but they are getting old and have ? marks with some of these guys. It's not complete insanity to say they could use more play makers.

Gore/Lattimore? - Gore is getting up there. Tons of mileage on his body. Still seemed productive last year but that won't last forever. Father time is undefeated in taking players down. Had over 1,100 yards but his 4.1 ypc avg. was the lowest of his career and he is over 30 now. He should probably be in more of a complimentory role moving forward, as opposed to the bread and butter back. Lattimore? Coming off major surgery, was mackin' it before. No one knows if he can come back fully or stay in one piece after he does. Hunter is OK, but probably not a every down back, James is definitely too small to have that many touches. I think it's a given SF will draft a back this draft. He might not have that many touches, as they might gut it out with Gore and Hunter one more season, but they need someone waiting in the wings.

Vernon Davis? - The word "potential" has become a somewhat dirty word with Davis. After a while, "potential" is no longer good enough. 52 grabs and 850 yards is better than average for a TE. So, he isn't a bust, but word is out that if you get rough with this guy, he gets soft and disappears and that rep. seems to be accurate. Is he a liability? No. But he isn't the monster his measurables said he should be, with his huge size while having blazing speed. Yes, he is a weapon, just not the one many thought he'd turn out to be.

Boldin? - Never was that fast, and now he is even slower. Doesn't have many years left, and he he has to make catches by out-muscling defenders for ball, using his vice grip hands. Still a value, but you need than just a slow guy to open things up more.

Crabtree? - Finally turned into a good player, but they need more than just him.

Lack weapons??? huh?!?!? - Not completely bare of play makers, but not overly stacked for the future either. They would benefit from a blazer who pops the top on a defense. They really could. And they need a running back with size and speed in case Lattimore doesn't make it all the way back.
    They have a helluva a lot more weapns than the Steelers do. They don't need to trade up to #15... nor will we trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    1/29- Louis Nix-NT-Notre Dame
    2/56- Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    2/61-Deonne-Buchannon-S-Wash St
    3/93-Pierre Desir-CB-Lindenwood
    4/111-Christian Jones-ILB-FSY
    4/comp-Charles Simms_RB-WVU
    5) Prince Shembo-OLB-ND
    6) Aaron Colvin-CB-OU
    7) Ben Gardner-DE-Stanford
    Very interesting and would at least inject some youth and I hope speed on defense. rd 6&7 could be 2 really nice steals if they come back and can play up to or above potential.
    Last edited by SS Laser; 02-27-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Hall of Famer

Gore/Lattimore?
    Vernon Davis?
    Boldin?
    Crabtree?

Lack weapons??? huh?!?!?
    yeah, they're pretty loaded compared to us

hunter and baldwin (former 1st rounder) as well
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 02-27-2014 at 11:46 PM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    yeah, they're pretty loaded compared to us

hunter and baldwin (former 1st rounder) as well
    really? pretty loaded compared to us? LOL...

Bell looks solid and will be a beast for the next few years
    Vernon Davis has concussion problems, Miller is damn good
    Boldin is a beast.. but he is almost done
    AB is better than Crabtree IMO

..and Baldwin is a freaking bum.
    44 receptions - 607 yards - 2 TDs

Those aren't his stats for last year... this is for his CAREER.

I think SF's D is pretty loaded compared to us but I think their O is "slightly" better than ours.

Gore/Lattimore?
    Vernon Davis?
    Boldin?
    Crabtree?

Lack weapons??? huh?!?!?
    You forgot Kaepernik, he's a weapon that needs to be accounted for every play.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    really? pretty loaded compared to us? LOL...

Bell looks solid and will be a beast for the next few years
    Vernon Davis has concussion problems, Miller is damn good
    Boldin is a beast.. but he is almost done
    AB is better than Crabtree IMO

..and Baldwin is a freaking bum.
    44 receptions - 607 yards - 2 TDs

Those aren't his stats for last year... this is for his CAREER.

I think SF's D is pretty loaded compared to us but I think their O is "slightly" better than ours.
    Pretty loaded compared to our defense. That's quite the understatement IMO. Timmons is our best LB at the moment and he would be a backup on SF. Polamalu and maybe Heyward would be the only players on our defense that would start on SF's defense.