Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OLine

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is my favorite part of the offseason, predicting the players along the OL. Should probably wait until at least the draft is over but here goes...

Beachum -DeCastro -Pouncey- Foster - Gilbert

Adams, Velasco, Wallace, Brown

Sorry Joe Long, but its going to be tough to crack this squad.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I posted in another thread I think Munchak will coach up the guys we have and it will be Adams, Beachum, Pouncey, Decastro, Gilbert. With Fernando back up C/G and Foster back up G/RT. It will be interesting what Munchak does with this O-line. Excited for camp.
    I'm thinking the exact same way.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I posted in another thread I think Munchak will coach up the guys we have and it will be Adams, Beachum, Pouncey, Decastro, Gilbert. With Fernando back up C/G and Foster back up G/RT. It will be interesting what Munchak does with this O-line. Excited for camp.
    I'll leave it to Munchak to move the players where he sees fit, but no way Gilbert beats out Foster if that move is made imo.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I doubt they mnove Decastro from right to left, but hey if thats where hes best then so be it

Legend

User Info Menu

I still see Adams as a RT, not a LT. Working on his strength as a mauling run blocker, he can open holes beside Heath, and he would also have TE help with his weakness as a pass protector.

Gilbert is more athletic, but with horrible balance and technique. This is the type of thing that Munchak should be able to coach up. Gilbert has the tools to be the best LT IMO.

After that you let things play out. Typically, DD looks like a LG, and Foster looks like more of a RG, but by the end of the year they were playing pretty well. At C, you have two guys coming off season ending injuries, and one is unsigned. I'd say that the training staff will know better than the coaches who will man the middle.