Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried we'll try to fill a need w/ another talented but inconsistent Buckeye in Rd 2

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ok, I'm as tough on my Buckeyes as anyone. We all know how I felt and feel about Adams. But, Roby isn't Adams. Coming into this season Roby was considered the best DB in the nation. He was the #1 DB coming out this year until he gets torched by Abberderis. I lost respect for his game after that. But, let me say this...insiders at tOSU state that the system and coaching severely limited Roby's effectiveness and the D was in chaos. Its why you seen his play worsen significantly in 2013. If that is the case, he is worth a look. But, personally I would rather have Fuller in round 2.
    They were in chaos but were undefeated until the last week of the season?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Every year is the same, if they arent rookie of the year they are a bust...........timmons, holmes, mendenhall, even decastro all had the same things said about them

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Curtis Brown didnt suck at texas, you are confusing that with him sucking now. Aaron Williams was the best player (but didnt really have a position), Curtis Brown was the best CB, and Chykie Brown was the best athlete....cant win them all i guess
    He had high level super athletes playing all around him. He may not have "sucked" at that level, but as we all know, NCAA vs. NFL are very different. He has proven over and over that he can't cover NFL receivers, and it's not even close, at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Yes. The offense was really that good. Best O in tOSU history.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

You must not have watched many tOSU games. The offense was prolific. The defense bordered on pathetic at times. This is part of the reason they hired a new Co-Defensive Coordinator who has a history of coaching up DBs and putting together good coverage schemes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He had high level super athletes playing all around him. He may not have "sucked" at that level, but as we all know, NCAA vs. NFL are very different. He has proven over and over that he can't cover NFL receivers, and it's not even close, at all.
    Hes a tremendous special teamer, not exactly what you want out of a 3rd round pick but it happens....coclough, iwuoma, ect...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

tOSU has to be the gayest acronym of all time...lol

Rookie

User Info Menu

Last I saw, in the Cleveland game, he was terrorizing the opponent's offense. It's not unusual for a rookie to need a year to get acclimated to the NFL. Did you not realize that? JJ will end up as a very productive player. Do you think every player who ended up being good was great as a rookie? Is that your belief? Bruce Smith stunk as a rookie and he only ended up with more sacks than any other player in the history of the NFL. Did you realize that? Are you aware of that?
    Maybe Adams needs some time to develop as well. And good coaching...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    tOSU has to be the gayest acronym of all time...lol
    And K Train is somehow a work of literary art?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And K Train is somehow a work of literary art?
    Didnt say that at all