Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried we'll try to fill a need w/ another talented but inconsistent Buckeye in Rd 2

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    They took TE Eifert last year after taking TE Gresham in 2010, so they could go CB again after taking Kirkpatrick in 2012 (who hasn't exactly lit the world on fire in his time in Cincy). Terence Newman turns 36 this season, Pac Man Jones turns 31 this season, and Leon Hall turns 30 this season.
    Its more just funny because theyve taken Hall, Joseph, and Kirkpatrick all in round 1 and have 2 former first round corners on the roster.

For a team that takes corners so often they seem corner needy all the time.

Leon Hall turning 30 makes me feel old though

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I wouldnt mind Roby in 2 or 3, at the very least he could be a FS convert
    We already signed our starting FS and he's relatively young.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    We already signed our starting FS and he's relatively young.
    That was posted well before FA started

Administrator

User Info Menu

That was posted well before FA started
    Ahhh... gotcha. I didn't recognize this thread for some reason.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bradley Roby talks about his strengths, hopes to prove his critics wrong

Posted by Mike Florio on April 4, 2014

Ohio State cornerback Bradley Roby has emerged as one of the top defensive backs in the draft. He joined Friday’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN to discuss his game as he prepares to make the jump to the next level.

“I think my man to man is the best out of all of them,” Roby said when asked to identify what he does better than any other cornerback in the draft. “Just my press coverage, making plays, I think making plays might be one, too. I make a lot of plays, not even at corner, at special teams, too. I’ve blocked my share of punts, and I just make the plays wherever I’m on the field, so I think that’s what really separates me. I’m a playmaker, I’m a game changer, when I’m on the field, there’s going to be a difference made in that game, and that’s what I strive to do, that’s why I love to play football, and that’s something I think that I have over everybody else.”

Few football players are immune from critics, so Roby was asked to identify a criticism that he believes is unfair.

“That I don’t try hard,” Roby said. “Some people question my effort. This last year people were saying that I wasn’t trying hard and things like that, but you know I give everything I have for football. I love to play, it’s what I’ve always wanted to do as a kid. It’s my dream to play in the NFL, and the fact that people say, “Oh he doesn’t love to play football, doesn’t love the game,’ that’s one thing that really gets to me, because there’s nothing I’d rather be doing than playing football.”

Before he can play football in the NFL, Roby needs to be drafted. And he said he won’t be sweating if more and more names other than his are called out at Radio City Music Hall.

“I don’t think I’ll be nervous,” Roby said. “I mean I’m saying that now, there’s a whole month out. . . . I honestly think that God has a plan for me, and that it’s already written so there’s no need to be worried, there’s no need to be nervous because I’ll be where I need to be at the end of the day. I think that I’ll be put in a situation that I can flourish in. I know the effort that I’m going to put in. And I know that I’ll be in a situation that when I put my best foot forward I’ll succeed.

“So I’m not really worried about it, I can sit in the green room all day, that’s more TV time for me,” Roby said with a laugh. “So I’m not worried about it.”

Roby added that he hasn’t decided with certainty to attend the draft into person, but that he’s thinking about it carefully.

“Just being at Radio City and hearing my name called and walking on the stage, shaking the Commissioner’s hand. Not many people get the opportunity to do that, so that’s something I’ll definitely be considering.”

The Commissioner, of course, dispenses bear hugs not handshakes at the draft. But the first bear hug from Roby will be reserved for someone else.

“I will definitely be giving my mom the biggest hug ever,” Roby said. “She’s always been there for me, she raised me by herself, and she taught me how to work hard. I saw her work ethic in her job and it showed me how to work hard, and I just applied that to football, and just for her to be there with me at that time I’ll probably hug her to death. Just her being there and sharing that moment with her will be great.”

That moment is coming in less than five weeks for Roby and the rest of the players who’ll be selected in the first three rounds of the draft. As the day approaches, Roby seems to have the right attitude.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/04/bradley-roby-talks-about-his-strengths-hopes-to-prove-his-critics-wrong/[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What the he!! does the little t stand for in tOSU?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Backup

User Info Menu

"THE" Ohio State University

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    "THE" Ohio State University
    That is correct. Not only that but it differentiates OSU (oklahoma state) and tOSU (Ohio State) much to the chagrin of other college program fans.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Curtis Brown didnt suck at texas, you are confusing that with him sucking now. Aaron Williams was the best player (but didnt really have a position), Curtis Brown was the best CB, and Chykie Brown was the best athlete....cant win them all i guess
    I think mentioning Curtis Brown with Roby is a fine comparison. Both have great physical ability, and both seem to lack that sense for the game. And comparing Roby to Adams isn't far-off either, as both have significant bust potential. I would be disappointed with a Roby selection, but not as bad as the Adams pick two years ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not sure I would say Roby doesn't have a sense for the game. He is absurdly talented and was poorly coached. He had a very good junior year campaign. If he was sitting there in the second, I would run with the card up to that podium. His ceiling is Ike Taylor with better hands.
    Trolls are people too.