Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Worried we'll try to fill a need w/ another talented but inconsistent Buckeye in Rd 2

Rookie

User Info Menu

Last year 1 QB went in the first...

Over the 4 prior years (2009-2012) either 3 or 4 QBs went in round 1...

I'm hoping this draft is more like 2009-2012 in that respect...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Fuller >>> Roby
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Fuller >>> Roby
    Agreed....and possibly better than Gilbert.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Connections between Bradley Roby and Mike Adams distinct

By Neal Coolong on Apr 27 2014

Both ran into some negative attention their final years in school, both for reasons that aren't or do not appear to be criminal. Is Roby like Adams, a possessor of an upside ability that makes the Steelers roll the dice on him in the second round?

The Steelers (in)famously changed their minds on Ohio State offensive tackle Mike Adams after he drove to Pittsburgh to speak with general manager Kevin Colbert and head coach Mike Adams to explain his alleged failed drug test at the NFL Scouting Combine in 2012.

Buckeyes cornerback Bradley Roby isn't reported to have done the same thing, but he did a similar bout of explaining recently when he took to Twitter, claiming his lack of intoxication despite having been arrested for OVI April 20.

It's worthy of mentioning .008 is below the legal limit, and, says, Roby, he wasn't driving the car (not that it matters, if he's in control of the vehicle with keys, he'd be considered as having the potential to drive it).

He doesn't even register on the...wait for it...B.R.A.D. chart (Be Responsible About Drinking). But there are myriad factors that play into this, including a bar brawl that got him suspended for a game to start Ohio State's season.

Adams also had something of a superficial (depending on your viewpoint) mark against him before entering the draft. He violated his eligibility by accepting free gifts while attending OSU, which is less a crime than being not legally drunk in a car, but still enough to make teams wonder if he's worth the investment.

Roby, like Adams, showed a high level of potential at times in his career. He also showed enough that, regardless of off-the-field issues, appeared more of a second round pick anyway.

Should the Steelers avoid selecting a cornerback in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft, and Roby somehow falls to 46, you'd have to expect he'd be on their list of consideration. While tagged as an inconsistent player throughout his ever-important final year in college, he showed enough skill to think he can be worked into an effective player.

Ultimately, we believe the Steelers will select a cornerback in the first round, and that cornerback won't be Bradley Roby. But should they go a different route in round 1 and Roby's there for the taking, it'll be hard for them to resist.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-nfl-draft/2014/4/27/5657290/bradley-roby-drunk-driving-ovi-draft-stock-steelers-mike-adams[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Smart writer...Roby is a classic second rounder...sky is the limit potential with some question marks. He isn't a first rounder. I suspect their may be some gamesmanship going on here or they are considering him if they trade down (still not ok with).
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked at all. It depends on Cleveland. If they are smart...they would draft like Kirwan suggests. That would be a nightmare duo for years. If Benjamin finds enough fire in his belly to be half as good as he was in those youtube highlights, and with Manziels ability to extend plays that would create crazy mismatch problems for most NFL DBs. This is the scenario I would least like to see with Cleveland. I would much rather them draft Watkins and Carr. I just don't see Carr being anything special. And if you can't get Watkins the ball...not that big of a deal.
    I never worry about the clowns. Name anyone they have drafted that has caused anyone any problems. I don't think Manziel is going to be that great in the NFL especially with a clueless organization like the clowns. Running around sounds great in college not the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I never worry about the clowns. Name anyone they have drafted that has caused anyone any problems. I don't think Manziel is going to be that great in the NFL especially with a clueless organization like the clowns. Running around sounds great in college not the NFL.
    I don't know... mobile QB's who can throw seem to kill us.

Michael Vick looked like a freaking HOFer every time he played us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Manziel with a tall athletic weapon will bring a new era to Cleveland...mark that down. Manziel is that good.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Fuller >>> Roby
    Mike Mayock just moved Fuller to the top of his CB rankings, ahead of Dennard and Gilbert even...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You bring up valid points, but something scares me about Manziel, even with the Browns. They did fire their boob head coach, GM and president. That was needed for them to have any hope. I believe Manziel will reinvigorate the franchise and they will start beating us in half the games or more. Johnny is a winner. I believe he will figure out how and when to run; other QBs who ran a lot ended up great, such as Tarketon and Staubach. It can work. JM is going to be successful in the NFL. If Cle passes on him, they will regret it for 20 years.