Thread: Ryan Clark overload

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ryan Clark overload

The guy has become one of my favorite Steelers in recent years, with the big hits and smart positioning on most plays. The lick he laid on that Raven's McGahee was legendary.

That being said, is there ANY NFL show on ESPN that he is NOT on? I know he is preparing for life out of football (which might be coming this year) but talk about over-exposure? Wow. He is going to make a solid commentator, but dude, I am already sick of you.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just think he's bringing the same work ethic to broadcasting that he does to football. very few are naturals at TV and like anything else, you have to practice your craft. I agree he's been on quite a bit - but I think that's laying a good foundation for a follow on career. Besides, the steelers have enough haters out there I'm always looking for 'our' guys to get on the air to balance it out.

As for clark, I hope he keeps practicing and getting better at it.

we don't need another eric dickerson.........
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

i bet clark goes from being one of our favorite players to one of our most hated commentators
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Clark: Rooney wanted the N-word out of our locker room

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 23, 2014

The NFL is considering throwing penalty flags on players who use the N-word on the field. At least one team owner is also telling players he doesn’t want them using the N-word at the team facility.

Steelers safety Ryan Clark said on ESPN on Sunday that Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney made it known last season that he didn’t want to hear the N-word in the locker room, either spoken by members of the team or in music played in the locker room.

“Mr. Rooney actually talked to Ike Taylor about it this season. Ike and Mr. Rooney have a very good relationship,” Clark said. “He told Ike, ‘I don’t want you guys using that word.’”

Although in some cases it might not seem like a white man’s place to tell a mostly black group of men not to use the N-word, Clark said that there’s so much respect among the players for Rooney, a former U.S. ambassador to Ireland whose commitment to diversity is reflected in the Rooney Rule that bears his name, that Clark said the black players on the team were willing to comply.

“Ike went around to specific people and said, ‘Listen, this is what Mr. Rooney told me.’ He’s the ambassador. We call him Old Man Rooney. He has a lot of respect, and because of the way he has treated us as players, as black athletes, also treated Coach Tomlin as a black coach, you know it’s coming from a place of love,” Clark said.

However, Clark said that while players initially respected Rooney’s request, it didn’t last.

“You stopped hearing it immediately that day,” Clark said. “But after a while it came back because it’s the culture. After a while it comes back because this is what these guys have grown up with.”

If the NFL is serious about stopping players from using the N-word, the league may find exactly what Clark described: It sounds like a good idea in theory, but it’s easier said than done.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/23/ryan-clark-rooney-wanted-the-n-word-out-of-our-locker-room/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Can you imagine the circus the game will become if they let refs throw flags for using the word.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Clark Says Will Be Tough For League To Police Use Of “N-Word”

February 25th, 2014 Matt Loede

As the NFL’s competition committee soon considers a rule that would penalize players for using the N-word on the field, one veteran believes it will be difficult for the league to police the use of the racial slur, ESPN reports.

“I think it’s going to be really tough to legislate this rule, to find a way to penalize everyone who uses this word,” Steelers safety Ryan Clark told ESPN’s Bob Ley during an “Outside The Lines” special report.

“And it’s not going to be white players using it toward black players. Most of the time you hear it, it’s black players using the word.”

OTL examined the use of the N-word across generations and the black and white cultures, and tapped into the ongoing controversy in Miami.

Last week investigator Ted Wells, who was hired by the league to examine the Dolphins’ workplace environment, concluded that offensive lineman Jonathan Martin was subjected to “a pattern of harassment” that included racial slurs from teammate Richie Incognito.

While some portrayed the Dolphins’ locker room as unmanaged and lacking leadership, Clark by comparison said the Steelers’ locker room is a place of mutual respect and even restraint, where team owner Dan Rooney even has tried to discourage the playing of rap music.

“He told [teammate Ike Taylor], I don’t want you guys listening to that music. I don’t want you guys using that word,” Clark recounted.

“And his reason behind it was that people fought against people using that word. People felt like that word was demeaning. There were terrible acts done by men using that word and by people using that word.”

Clark said that Taylor had the music shut off because of Rooney.

“Guys accepted it. It wasn’t like that you stopped hearing the music totally. You stopped hearing it that day,” Clark said. “But it came back. That’s the culture. That’s what these guys have grown up with.”

[URL]http://www.steelersgab.com/2014/02/25/ryan-clark-says-will-be-tough-for-league-to-police-use-of-n-word[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha