Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Dulac: Steelers want to draft Texas A&M WR Mike Evans

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Does Boldin even jump? I think he gets by on using his size and boxing out defenders like a basketball player.

Ravens didn't win in Denver because of Boldin.. they won because Denver played horrible D on a hail mary.
    Sure, that is how the game ended, but if you watch any game during the Ravens' run, Boldin made at least one highly significant play to turn an easy Flacco int into a very big play for the team. The entire NFL media was talking about how great Flacco played, and used his numbers as proof. His great numbers were more a result of his receivers bailing him out than because of his great play...and that awful play on the ball on the Hail Mary too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Wow, 22 more TD's in one less season? That's pretty significant.
    But at least that much is expected when you consider that Fitz has been considered a top 5 (at least) receiver in the league his entire career, while Boldin is considered a "good other receiver".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Sure, that is how the game ended, but if you watch any game during the Ravens' run, Boldin made at least one highly significant play to turn an easy Flacco int into a very big play for the team. The entire NFL media was talking about how great Flacco played, and used his numbers as proof. His great numbers were more a result of his receivers bailing him out than because of his great play...and that awful play on the ball on the Hail Mary too.
    no doubt... but I think people are giving big WR's too much credit. I think other factors are involved.

Legend

User Info Menu

no need to draft a "tall" WR now...

Limas Sweed cut by CFL's Ottawa Redblacks

By Neal Coolong on Apr 16 2014

Sweed's football career is likely at an end now, seven years after it began when the Steelers selected him in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft.

Once again, Limas Sweed's hype greatly outlasted his performance.

Sweed was cut from the expansion franchise Ottawa Redblacks of the Canadian Football League Wednesday, making it the second of two failed attempts to resume his football career north of the border.

We've said it previously and do not want to tempt fate, but it really does seem as if this will be the end of the line for the 29-year-old former Steelers second-round draft pick.

Sweed, one of the most infamous Steelers players of the last quarter century, failed to make another NFL roster after the Steelers released him in 2011. He was in camp with the Sasketchewan Roughriders last year, but according to Sweed, never made it onto the field before leaving the team.

He signed on with the Redblacks, and didn't last much longer there. Pushing 30 years old, Sweed can probably consider the dream over.

Then again, the Steelers need a "tall" receiver, right?

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/latest-news/2014/4/16/5621402/limas-sweed-cut-ottawa-redblacks-cfl[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Terrible article. Sweed had all the physical tools to be great. He had some sort of break...I believe it to be mental. That has nothing to do with his height.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sweed should have converted to a DB...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    no need to draft a "tall" WR now...

Limas Sweed cut by CFL's Ottawa Redblacks

By Neal Coolong on Apr 16 2014

Sweed's football career is likely at an end now, seven years after it began when the Steelers selected him in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft.

Once again, Limas Sweed's hype greatly outlasted his performance.

Sweed was cut from the expansion franchise Ottawa Redblacks of the Canadian Football League Wednesday, making it the second of two failed attempts to resume his football career north of the border.

We've said it previously and do not want to tempt fate, but it really does seem as if this will be the end of the line for the 29-year-old former Steelers second-round draft pick.

Sweed, one of the most infamous Steelers players of the last quarter century, failed to make another NFL roster after the Steelers released him in 2011. He was in camp with the Sasketchewan Roughriders last year, but according to Sweed, never made it onto the field before leaving the team.

He signed on with the Redblacks, and didn't last much longer there. Pushing 30 years old, Sweed can probably consider the dream over.

Then again, the Steelers need a "tall" receiver, right?

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/latest-news/2014/4/16/5621402/limas-sweed-cut-ottawa-redblacks-cfl[/URL]

so his height is what made him suck?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Backup

User Info Menu

I got his autograph his rookie year at training camp on a very nice miniature steelers helmet. What a waste of a great helmet.

Was so pumped that day and thought it was a special autograph at the time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    I got his autograph his rookie year at training camp on a very nice miniature steelers helmet. What a waste of a great helmet.

Many fans would have. Can you imagine getting Hines Ward or John Stallworth's autographs in their rookie training camp? Many Steeler fans thought Sweed had that kind of upside.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post

I have a Limus Sweed autographed football somewhere collecting dirt in my garage.
    Trolls are people too.