Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Dulac: Steelers want to draft Texas A&M WR Mike Evans

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lol... you are correct, you said disappointed.

I still have no idea what the hell squid is confused about because my position was pretty clear.

that much is true
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That is exactly my point...lol. Ben wanted Sanders over a 3rd rounder. Wow, what a shock? Ben didn't want a 3rd rounder and those who claim the FO made a mistake are also saying Ben made a mistake.

Which group are you referring to? The one who realized Ben lobbied because he is familiar with Sanderd or the one who thinks he was giving lip service because its what a good QB does for a teammate he really didn't want?

Not sure if its the same group but I'm one who doesn't want a WR early. We lost a 3rd rounder in Wallace but Brown showed he is a legit #1. Our D is awful... it fell off a cliff. Unless we use FA to stock up on D I would prefer to use those early picks on NT, DL, DB and LB.

Evans, Watkins, etc... they are good WR but we have done a great job with 3rd rounders and 4th rounders. I don't see us picking another WR1 when we have Brown and a 2nd rounder in Wheaton.
    ben does stick up for his guys, thats proven (the OL in the SB parade). and he like the FO had to look at what the WR corps, as well as the offense, would have been if sanders was let go to the pats. 2 of top 3 WRs gone, miller gone for half a year. that doesnt look really good heading into a new year

PS. wheaton was a 3rd rounder. a guy who barely saw any action last year. that is a huge question mark

yes, maybe ben can (once again) make him a valuable receiver. will he be a mike wallace who had excellent production for a 3rd round pick. ORRR will he be a manny sanders, another 3rd round pick, who was a below average starting wide receiver in the league last year

Legend

User Info Menu

there's been plenty of drafts we went into where the offense was by far the worse of the 2 units. and we still used a 1st round pick on the defense.
    last year, hood's draft year (one of the best the league has ever seen) heyward's draft year

so no, i wont be surprised if the #1 pick is on the offensive side of the ball

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    there's been plenty of drafts we went into where the offense was by far the worse of the 2 units. and we still used a 1st round pick on the defense.
    last year, hood's draft year (one of the best the league has ever seen) heyward's draft year

so no, i wont be surprised if the #1 pick is on the offensive side of the ball
    We've also gone 12-4 with a 21st rank offense.... we've won SB's without a good offense.

We go .500 or worse with bad defense... if we don't fix the D next year its another .500 season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Actually, what Ovi said was

Never said fans would be angry. The angry part would occur mid way through the 2014 season when the offense was struggling despite the fact the front office went all in for the defense and the players drafted for the defense were watching from the sidelines.

I think we need both offense and defense in this draft--look at my mock in my sig. Where I strongly disagree is that we need to burn #15 on a defensive player who will stand on the sidelines in 2014 when we can get a high quality offensive player who will actually play.
    What positions on offense and defense need to be upgraded?
    Offense
    QB - no
    RB - no
    TE - maybe a second, but Miller is as good as it gets as #1
    OT - no, 2 second round picks
    OG - no, 1st round pick and Foster who was the most consistent
    C - no
    WR - maybe a #2

Defense
    NT - yes
    DE - yes
    OLB - no, butpending the outcome of Worilds and Woodley
    ILB - yes
    CB - yes
    SS - no, but soon
    FS - yes

The offense is in good shape compared to the defense, they are young and getting better, adding more to an already good group and allowing the faltering group to continue to try and make a silk purse out of a sow's ear is foolhardy. I just don't see all the clamoring for offense at 1.15, use it to try and fill a void (and there are many), take your WR at 2.46 (WR is deep this year) and be happy. Me, I'd wait until the third round comp pick for WR or TE, that's how bad the defense is right now and it has very little to do with the coach or scheme, the players just haven't developed and the vets are losing their ability to compete quickly.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Offense
    QB - no
    RB - no
    wouldn't mind a fast 3rd down back... don't expect Felix back... not sure on LaRod... but, you could get this guy in mid-rounds..
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    wouldn't mind a fast 3rd down back... don't expect Felix back... not sure on LaRod... but, you could get this guy in mid-rounds..
    Yea, that's kind of a luxury though, in general, the Steelers have the RB position looking good right now. My point was to display the deficiencies that exist on this defense right now and ignoring them to draft a weapon, IMO, isn't what the team needs to get better.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Offense
    QB - no
    RB - no
    TE - maybe a second, but Miller is as good as it gets as #1
    OT - no, 2 second round picks
    OG - no, 1st round pick and Foster who was the most consistent
    C - no
    WR - maybe a #2

Defense
    NT - yes
    DE - yes
    OLB - no, butpending the outcome of Worilds and Woodley
    ILB - yes
    CB - yes
    SS - no, but soon
    FS - yes

The offense is in good shape compared to the defense, they are young and getting better, adding more to an already good group and allowing the faltering group to continue to try and make a silk purse out of a sow's ear is foolhardy. I just don't see all the clamoring for offense at 1.15, use it to try and fill a void (and there are many), take your WR at 2.46 (WR is deep this year) and be happy. Me, I'd wait until the third round comp pick for WR or TE, that's how bad the defense is right now and it has very little to do with the coach or scheme, the players just haven't developed and the vets are losing their ability to compete quickly.

Pappy
    I agree 100%...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    If they moved up for watkins it would just make me so happy. So happy.

That is just like the Falcons having Roddy and making a move to get Julio, except ben isnt matt ryan
    We have a ring with Randle El, while those guy put up fantasy stats. Vikes get props for picking Moss already having two probowl receivers too. Same deal though.
    No QB? Moss played with Tom Brady and got no ring. But Brady has rings with smurf Troy Brown.

We already have a better "smurfy" Brown than Brady ever had.

I won't hate a receiver pick, but since the 90s it has been an overrated position for making a difference.

Worried about Cotchery as number 2? Average talent for sure.
    He was the Jets number 1 receiver in 2009 with less than 1000 yards.
    Fell one game short of the SB....with Mark Sanchez at QB.

Jericho had more playoff wins as a starter in that single season with Mark Sanchez at Qb than White and Julio have had in their careers.

No correlation whatsoever between elite tall WRs and actual championships.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-01-2014 at 05:35 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Btw anybody catch the SB?
    One of the smallest, no talent receiving corps in the league 43
    6'3 x 2 receiver fantasy football fest 8

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    We have a ring with Randle El, while those guy put up fantasy stats. Vikes get props for picking Moss already having two probowl receivers too. Same deal though.
    No QB? Moss played with Tom Brady and got no ring. But Brady has rings with smurf Troy Brown.

We already have a better "smurfy" Brown than Brady ever had.

I won't hate a receiver pick, but since the 90s it has been an overrated position for making a difference.

Worried about Cotchery as number 2? Average talent for sure.
    He was the Jets number 1 receiver in 2009 with less than 1000 yards.
    Fell one game short of the SB....with Mark Sanchez at QB.

Jericho had more playoff wins as a starter in that single season with Mark Sanchez at Qb than White and Julio have had in their careers.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher