Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dulac: Steelers want to draft Texas A&M WR Mike Evans

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    the pick is gonna be ebron
    Ebron or one of Evans, Benjamin or Lee!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I won't be happy if lee is the pick at 15

the others I could live with

Pro Bowler
    If we sign a starting caliber FA safety or CB does that change our pick if we truly go BPA in round 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sure, why would we want a potentially dominant WR to pair with AB when we can get a 2-down Nose Tackle.
    always cracks me up when people say their choice is potentially dominant, but, no other position is..

This team has enough needs that I could see WR, CB, FS, NT, ILB could all be 1st round options...I wouldn't be terribly shocked to see an o-lineman if the right one fell.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Nose tackle... the ILB not named Timmons.. Whichever FS is replacing Clark would also raise questions. Basically, front to back, right up the middle of the defense are all equally worse. Are we tossing Wheaton under the bus this quickly?
    WR2. old broken WR vet who the jets let go a few years ago (who is also a free agent) plus a 3rd round rookie last year that saw nearly zero time on the field

Nose - SMac, woods. and how much did we line up a true nose anyway. i read somewhere that 50% of defensive snaps an NT was not on the field. the game is changing. why would you draft a guy at 15 overall to play half the snaps. and its not just something new either. the pats (amongst others) have spread us out from the beginning of the game to get us out of our base defense for years

ILB - foote (still the signal caller of the defense if he healthy).2 time starter on superbowl teams. the 2nd year where the defense was one of the best in the history of the game.
    and last year's rookie vince williams. who started a few games at the end of the year...unlike wheaton

who ever replaces clark (w. allen or shamarko) played more in nickel defense then wheaton did.

i dont even think its close that WR2 is our weakest starting position going into next year
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 02-24-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Steelers: Latest Combine News and Rumors

By Curt Popejoy , Featured Columnist Feb 23, 2014

Going into Sunday's drills, Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans was on various teams' radars. The hope was going to be that Evans would run well enough to cement a position somewhere near the top of the first round. For as productive as Evans has been, and as great as his size is, it was his speed that was in question.

And just how did he do? Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writer Gerry Dulac might have said it best:

Gerry Dulac @gerrydulac:

Uh-oh for #Steelers: Texas A&M WR Mike Evans runs unofficial 4.46 at combine. At 6-5, 231, that speed puts him in elite status.

23 Feb 2014

Dulac also pointed out in an interview with Bleacher Report that Evans would be a potential target for the Steelers in the first round.

Between Evans and Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin, Evans is a far more complete prospect. His speed is better, and in drills at the combine Evans looked far smoother and more fluid in his movements. His performance on Sunday might have pushed him ahead of where the Steelers select, but he would certainly be a target if available.

If the Steelers are as smitten with Evans as everyone else, getting him could require a trade up. This is a very deep wide receiver class, and talent can be found later on. A move up high enough to get Evans would be expensive. Do the Steelers do something so bold?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-rumors/page/3

Backup
    It's exciting to think about possibly drafting a player like Evans or Benjamin.

Either one has #1 WR potential. I think about Ben throwing to guys like Brown, Cotchery, Miller and Bell. And then throwing guys like Wheaton and Evans/Benjamin into the mix. And playing behind a line that will be more like the back half of 2013 rather than the front half.

This offense intrigues me. A lot of players that Haley can use to generate quality mismatches.

Hopefully we can get guys like Taylor and Polamalu to take a little less money so we can re-sign guys like Cotchery and Worilds while adding a couple Free Agents like Delmas into the mix. Nail a CB and a NT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds(or vice versa) and add some depth with rounds 4-7.

So close to getting back into the thick of things.

Lookin' forward to the draft in a big way!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    WR2. old broken WR vet who the jets let go a few years ago (who is also a free agent) plus a 3rd round rookie last year that saw nearly zero time on the field

Nose - SMac, woods. and how much did we line up a true nose anyway. i read somewhere that 50% of defensive snaps an NT was not on the field. the game is changing. why would you draft a guy at 15 overall to play half the snaps. and its not just something new either. the pats (amongst others) have spread us out from the beginning of the game to get us out of our base defense for years

ILB - foote (still the signal caller of the defense if he healthy).2 time starter on superbowl teams. the 2nd year where the defense was one of the best in the history of the game.
    and last year's rookie vince williams. who started a few games at the end of the year...unlike wheaton

who ever replaces clark (w. allen or shamarko) played more in nickel defense then wheaton did.

i dont even think its close that WR2 is our weakest starting position going into next year
    WR2 is far from our weakest position...

FS is our weakest position if you ask me. Ha Ha would look real nice back there.

Pro Bowler
    Pryor is so much better than Haha.

Id rather go WR in 1 and get Reynolds in 2