Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Dulac: Steelers want to draft Texas A&M WR Mike Evans

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    guess you didn't catch Clemson's Orange Bowl 40-35 win versus Ohio State where Watkins caught 16 passes for 227 yards and two TDs...
    The problem with this is EVERY elite WR had a big game vs tOSU. That defensive effort was pathetic.

I think Watkins might be a little overrated. I wpuld definitely take Evans over hm if both were on the board

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The problem with this is EVERY elite WR had a big game vs tOSU. That defensive effort was pathetic.

I think Watkins might be a little overrated. I wpuld definitely take Evans over hm if both were on the board
    But, yet we have people calling for Roby in this first?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

2014 NFL Draft: Odell Beckham and Mike Evans doing speculative battle

By Neal Coolong on May 7 2014

It's amazing how much better players get - and conversely, worse - players get the night before the draft. In LSU WR Odell Beckham's case, it's more like his value is coming closer to reality. Just not THAT close.

Get yo' popcorn ready, wide receiver fans. The smoke is thick, the speculation is tantalizing and, with 24 hours left before the start of the 2014 NFL Draft, news has been reduced to Defcon 1. Full, all-out assault.

The Steelers don't typically jump into these kinds of pools, but prospects they've been linked to previously make for interesting conversation, if nothing else.

LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham has improved dramatically in the last 24 hours, having never sniffed the top 10 in most projections but now doing battle with firmly entrenched top 10 guy Mike Evans.

What this really means is the Steelers won't get either of them, and probably never were going to, which is too bad because Beckham's skill set is closer to the 10th pick than he is the 20th pick. It wasn't ever really feasible Beckham would fall, but it does clear up the Steelers' options list a bit more.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-nfl-draft/2014/5/7/5693072/2014-nfl-draft-odell-beckham-prospect-mike-evans-wide-receivers[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'd like to see them end up with Kelvin Benjamin. Huge target for Ben in the Redzone. I don't see anything suggesting they'll go offense in the first rd. but the heart wants what the heart wants.