Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Visit Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Oh Ovi is going to be very happy. [URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/steelers-met-with-te-eric-ebron-at-nfl-combine/[/URL]
    the Steelers have also met with WR Allen Robinson...

[URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/report-steelers-met-with-penn-state-wr-allen-robinson-friday-night-at-the-combine/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Updated with yesterdays visits.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL="file://localhost/jimwexell"]Tweets[/URL]
    [URL="file://localhost/jimwexell"]Follow[/URL]

[URL="file://localhost/jimwexell"]James C Wexell @jimwexell [/URL]

No surprise, [URL="file://localhost/search"]#Steelers[/URL] to meet with CB Justin Gilbert tonight. He thinks he might run a 4.2

J[URL="file://localhost/jimwexell"]ames C Wexell @jimwexell [/URL]

Fla. State free safety Terrence Brooks, who picked off 2 vs. Pitt and dropped 2 others, has met with the Steelers.

[URL="file://localhost/jimwexell"]James C Wexell @jimwexell [/URL]

Interest in DEs, More Big Receivers, and fun interview w/ ILB Jordan Zumwalt who met w/ [URL="file://localhost/search"]#Steelers[/URL]

[URL]http://pit.scout.com/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

HaHa Clinton-Dix to meet w #Steelers tonight. Last meeting report; time to work. Like Sat, other Steelers meetings reported later at SCI.

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

With the visits so far we can start to gather a good idea of how the Steelers are looking to go this draft. Strong on D with WR for sure on O with potential of TE/RB. I still fully believe we go WR in the first. Benjamin/Evans most likely, unless Watkins somehow falls. D the rest of the way.

So Far
    QB - 0
    WR - 3
    RB - 1
    OT - 0
    OG - 0
    TE - 2
    DE - 1
    DT - 1
    LB - 1
    S - 2
    CB – 1
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

by Dale Lolley

Steelers draft starting to take shape

If you had any questions about what the Steelers were thinking heading into the NFL draft, they gave a glimpse this weekend at the combine.

Pittsburgh met with a number of players, most of whom were players at three spots: defensive linemen, wide receivers and safeties.

The potential early-round draft guys they spoke with according to Jim Wexell of SteelCityInsider.com include defensive linemen Ra'Shede Hademan of Minnesota and the Notre Dame duo of Louis Nix and Stephon Tuitt, wide receivers Kelvin Benjamin of Florida State, Ole Miss' Donte Moncrief and Penn State's Allen Robinson, and safeties Terrance Brooks of Florida State, Calvin Pryor of Louisville, Ahmad Dixon of Baylor and Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix of Alabama.

The team also met with corner Justin Gilbert of Oklahoma State and tight end Eric Ebron of North Carolina, both of whom are considered first-round prospects.

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2014/02/steelers-draft-starting-to-take-shape.html[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=calmkiller;593173]
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Yea, he was listed as a TE/FB so I picked TE because that is more of a need than FB for us and his measurables are more along a TE than a FB at 6-2 247.
    Millard was mostly a FB/HB and goalline RB at Oklahoma. He was a special teams ace as well. He blew out his knee early this season. If healthy, he'd be no worse than a 4th round pick. Even with the injury, I think he'll go in the fifth or sixth at worst (unless the medical comes back with big problems). I love Millard. He is a Steeler through and through. Very tough, smart, emotional leader, and a good receiver.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=steelblood;593629]
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post

Millard was mostly a FB/HB and goalline RB at Oklahoma. He was a special teams ace as well. He blew out his knee early this season. If healthy, he'd be no worse than a 4th round pick. Even with the injury, I think he'll go in the fifth or sixth at worst (unless the medical comes back with big problems). I love Millard. He is a Steeler through and through. Very tough, smart, emotional leader, and a good receiver.
    Steelblood - you really like Keith McGill CB from Utah? He's a big corner and rated around that third round area, but the guy cannot fight off a WR block to save his life. Offenses would bubble screen him to death, let alone outside runs to his side. Just my two cents.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    IF there were 2 2nd round picks would you feel the same? But I wonder if a trade down in the first would bring a 2nd 2rd pick though. If this draft end's up crazy maybe Carey drops to our 3rd rd pick? Wonder what Value the Steelers have on Carey?
    A couple thoughts here... 1. Carey had a terrible combine - some of the worst RB measureables there. Are they looking at him as a faller who might be there at the 3 comp they have to believe is coming for Wallace? 2. Living here in NC, I keep hearing the panic surrounding the fact that Jordan Gross just retired from an already pedestrian Carolina Panthers O Line... 15 down to 28 might net a 2, and Taylor Lewan might be sitting there and be a guy they value at that spot in a position of need.

Legend

User Info Menu

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

@jschultz33 I really like EJ. Gaines. Gave me some good quotes about stopping Evans. Informal meet with Steelers.

Feb 25

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha