Thread: Fits the theme of the draft

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Fits the theme of the draft

[URL]http://www.insidenova.com/sports/prince_william/howard-jones-headed-to-pittsburgh-steelers/article_28347c5c-d853-11e3-8dab-0019bb2963f4.html[/URL] OLB Howard Jones, Shepherd: Jones arrived at the Division II school in West Virginia as a wide receiver and left as Shepherd’s all-time sacks leader (34 1/2). The 6-foot-4, 238-pounder opened enough eyes to receive an invitation to the NFL combine where he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.54 seconds. Jones has a real chance to make the Steelers given their depth issues at outside linebacker.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looking at our OLB corps, one could say that "Things Can Only Get Better."

If this UDFA rookie isn't able to crack the final 53 man roster, well, "No One Is To Blame" but himself.

After signing as an UDFA, he spoke with our LB coach, who told him I'd "Like To Get To Know You Well" at rookie minicamp.

Okay...I think that is enough 80's music references for now...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Okay...I think that is enough 80's music references for now...
    I completely agree...it's time to reference a "New Song".

Crap...