Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bruce Arians: 'Heath Miller is the best tight end in the NFL'

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    BA was pretty good. It's a shame he was blamed for so much
    I didn't hate BA like a lot of folks but I would never say he was pretty good. Just remember his offensive philosophy was run twice up the middle and then see if Ben can get us a first down. Even under BA reign Ben was great in the no huddle and every year he would say we would do more of it but it never happened. He would always say we were going to use Heath more and it never happened. He had a hard time utilizing weapons that they got for him. Stephan Logan was never used out of the backfield. Mike Wallace wasn't used on underneath drag routes which with his speed he would have excelled at. The only thing that saved BA's offense was the play of Ben. If he wasn't leading our team we would have placed in the bottom 5 offensively.

I can't say I was sorry to see BA go. Of course we could have done worse and the jury is probably still out on Haley.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I didn't hate BA like a lot of folks but I would never say he was pretty good. Just remember his offensive philosophy was run twice up the middle and then see if Ben can get us a first down. Even under BA reign Ben was great in the no huddle and every year he would say we would do more of it but it never happened. He would always say we were going to use Heath more and it never happened. He had a hard time utilizing weapons that they got for him. Stephan Logan was never used out of the backfield. Mike Wallace wasn't used on underneath drag routes which with his speed he would have excelled at. The only thing that saved BA's offense was the play of Ben. If he wasn't leading our team we would have placed in the bottom 5 offensively.

I can't say I was sorry to see BA go. Of course we could have done worse and the jury is probably still out on Haley.
    nah... BA was a vertical guy and since he had a big QB he utilized his ability to the fullest.

Wallace was a MONSTER with BA. Those RUTM would set up those bombs for Wallace and Nate Washington. First play vs GB in Pittsburgh...PA bomb to Wallace. Sweed was next in line but he couldn't catch.

BA's run game was lacking but we were a big play team who led the league in plays of over 40 yards.

The biggest flaw was BA's in game adjustments... he made none. His first 15 or so scripted plays were great too.

One thing about BA's offense with Ben that was clear is Ben had total control over that O. There were times when it looked awful but a lot of times it was because Ben was hurt or refused to check down at a rate he does nowadays. Looking back I can't be too angry about it tho because Ben was younger, stubborn(er) and we damn sure benefited during their time together.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah... BA was a vertical guy and since he had a big QB he utilized his ability to the fullest.

Wallace was a MONSTER with BA. Those RUTM would set up those bombs for Wallace and Nate Washington. First play vs GB in Pittsburgh...PA bomb to Wallace. Sweed was next in line but he couldn't catch.

BA's run game was lacking but we were a big play team who led the league in plays of over 40 yards.

The biggest flaw was BA's in game adjustments... he made none. His first 15 or so scripted plays were great too.

One thing about BA's offense with Ben that was clear is Ben had total control over that O. There were times when it looked awful but a lot of times it was because Ben was hurt or refused to check down at a rate he does nowadays. Looking back I can't be too angry about it tho because Ben was younger, stubborn(er) and we damn sure benefited during their time together.
    I'll always say that we never saw what BA's offence could do because the OL play was so bad. That right there killed any running game. Probably one of the worst OL's we have had in the past 20 years.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!