View Poll Results: Who would you choose if you had the first pick?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clowney

7 18.42%
  • Watkins

8 21.05%
  • Barr

3 7.89%
  • Mack

6 15.79%
  • Matthews

5 13.16%
  • Gilbert/Dennard

5 13.16%
  • Bortles/Manziel/Bridgewater

3 7.89%
  • Ebron

1 2.63%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have anyone in this draft...who would you take?

Legend

User Info Menu

If you could have anyone in this draft...who would you take?

So, if the Steelers were picking first, and you were the GM, who would you choose?

Clowney - Not sure how he fits our system, but you get a guy like this you build the system around him

Watkins - The best WR in a talented group, would look scary across from AB

Barr - Do we go with a UCLA OLB and pray that he is not Bruce Davis?

Mack - Or do we go with the small school outside rusher?

Matthews - Can you pass on the next Ogden? Come to think of it, isn't the "next Ogden" seemingly available every year? Think Robert Gallery

Gilbert or Dennard - If we need CB so badly, take the one you like best and plug him in

Bortles/Manziel/Bridgewater - How often do we get the chance to draft our franchise QB of the future? Here you can take the one you like, let him watch Ben for a year, then trade #7 and hope that the new guy can be the next guy.

Ebron - Okay, this one is for OV.

Legend

User Info Menu

I went for Mack myself. I think that this eases the pain when they don't bring back Worilds. It also enables you to move on from Woodley after his contract becomes friendlier, and you have your two key OLBs in place for the future.

Legend

User Info Menu

I went with Mack as well. Everything I've ready about him says that he is a really complete pass rusher. Matthews was also tempting, but I went with a pass rusher who doesn't seem to raise many doubts with anybody.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I went for Mack myself. I think that this eases the pain when they don't bring back Worilds. It also enables you to move on from Woodley after his contract becomes friendlier, and you have your two key OLBs in place for the future.
    Yup! LB's are what make the Steeler D go.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's an easy one, the next franchise QB to replace Ben. Manziel.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I figured that reviews would be mixed but 13 votes in and 7 of the 8 choices have at least one...go Ebron!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watkins. Best PLAYER available. Manziel is over rated.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really like Clowney. I know he had a tough year and has some motivation issues. But, he is an elite prospect with all the tools to be a hall of famer. That said, I went with Watkins because Clowney just doesn't fit our 3-4 or our culture. Watkins on vertical routes would open up things for Heath and AB. Also Watkins thrives on bubble screens (which is a huge part of our O). I think our running game would also get a lift because it would be tough to stack the box with Watkins on the field.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

Clowney weighed in at 6'5" 266lbs. at the combine... prototypical size for an OLB in our system. Assuming he runs as well as we think he does, he's the best talent available.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

don't we have enough OLB's who take games off?