Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Steelers rework Heath Miller’s contract

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Steelers rework Heath Miller’s contract

Not sure what exactly this means, because he is only signed for 2014 (due to become a free agent in 2015). It can't be a simple restructuring in which we push off the cap hit into future years, since there aren't any future years to push it off into. And there was no mention of an contract extension either, so I guess he just will be getting less money until we hear otherwise.

Report: Steelers rework Heath Miller’s contractPosted by Mike Wilkening on March 3, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
    The Steelers have reportedly created some salary cap flexibility for 2014.
    According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the Steelers [URL="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/440525991572561920"]have reworked[/URL] tight end [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3145/heath-miller"]Heath Miller[/URL]’s contract.
    Miller’s 2014 salary cap number was $9.5 million, Rapoport reported Monday, but it has now been reduced for the upcoming league year. It is not yet known how this will affect Miller’s cap number in future years.
    The 31-year-old Miller hauled in 58 passes for 593 yards and one touchdown in 2013. He has played at least 14 games in all nine of his seasons with Pittsburgh, catching 466 passes for 5,273 yards and 40 TDs in regular season play. He has long drawn raves for his fine all-around play, with Cardinals head coach and former Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians recently going so far as to say that he believes Miller remains [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/21/for-bruce-arians-blocking-is-the-primary-function-for-tight-ends/"]the best tight end[/URL] in the game.
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/03/report-steelers-rework-heath-millers-contract/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's either getting less money or there was an extension with sloppy reporting from Rappaport. Either way, this is good news. Hopefully it's a modest extension for 2-3 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

no Ebron for us

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    no Ebron for us
    Still have no #2. Drafting Ebron is about adding a weapon and planning for the future not as a sub for a released Miller.

I hope this is an indication that they are clearing as much space as possible to be active in free agency. The draft won't fix the defense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ebron is still a possibility, he would be cheap and a long term option. Bengals drafted Orson having Gresham, moved Orson to HB and Drafted eifert. Cant have enough weapons

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

great news. TE salaries are getting ready to escalate.

I think ebron makes a lot of sense in that regard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Still have no #2. Drafting Ebron is about adding a weapon and planning for the future not as a sub for a released Miller.

I hope this is an indication that they are clearing as much space as possible to be active in free agency. The draft won't fix the defense.
    I agree. I see him in 2 and 3 TE packages. I see him in the slot. They would move him around to create mismatches for the secondary.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think this has an impact on the possibility of the pick being Ebron one way or another. I don't think that Ebron will be the pick - I suspect, with the increased emphasis on athletic, pass catching tight ends - that he will be off the board at 15. If he is available, I don't think that Miller being back in the fold precludes drafting Ebron. Instead, I think that decision will be dictated by who else is left on the board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't think this has an impact on the possibility of the pick being Ebron one way or another. I don't think that Ebron will be the pick - I suspect, with the increased emphasis on athletic, pass catching tight ends - that he will be off the board at 15. If he is available, I don't think that Miller being back in the fold precludes drafting Ebron. Instead, I think that decision will be dictated by who else is left on the board.
    Not so sure. While Ebron is very athletic...he isn't much in the way of a blocker. I think he lasts until 15.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not so sure. While Ebron is very athletic...he isn't much in the way of a blocker. I think he lasts until 15.
    I do too. IMO he goes between 15 and 20. I just don't want the Ratbirds to grab him to pair with Pitta.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"