View Poll Results: Who would you choose if you had the first pick?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clowney

7 18.42%
  • Watkins

8 21.05%
  • Barr

3 7.89%
  • Mack

6 15.79%
  • Matthews

5 13.16%
  • Gilbert/Dennard

5 13.16%
  • Bortles/Manziel/Bridgewater

3 7.89%
  • Ebron

1 2.63%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you could have anyone in this draft...who would you take?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Watkins. Best PLAYER available. Manziel is over rated.
    You just got a pfft. Manziel is the best QB in this draft.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    don't we have enough OLB's who take games off?
    ROTFLMAO...this is pure comedic gold right here.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm on the Kelvin Benjamin bandwagon.

I have been watching a lot of WR highlight videos, and no one else dominates and presents the match-up nightmares that Benjamin could. Sammy Watkins is a stud, but I see him as a bigger Antonio Brown who we already have.

If I have to pick one and only one player, I think Benjamin stands out in ways other guys don't and can't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I'm on the Kelvin Benjamin bandwagon.

I have been watching a lot of WR highlight videos, and no one else dominates and presents the match-up nightmares that Benjamin could. Sammy Watkins is a stud, but I see him as a bigger Antonio Brown who we already have.

If I have to pick one and only one player, I think Benjamin stands out in ways other guys don't and can't.
    I wanted to nickname him Kelvin "Highlight reel" Benjamin. His youtube video is second to none. But, I wonder if he was THAT dominating...he should be a top 5 pick. Not even Watkins looks that overpowering. What is he doing from play to play? Is he only a jump ball king or does he do the little things well? How is his route running, his short area quickness?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I wanted to nickname him Kelvin "Highlight reel" Benjamin. His youtube video is second to none. But, I wonder if he was THAT dominating...he should be a top 5 pick. Not even Watkins looks that overpowering. What is he doing from play to play? Is he only a jump ball king or does he do the little things well? How is his route running, his short area quickness?

The Steelers could really use a jump ball king, even if that is all he has.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For me, hands down best player in this entire draft is Khalil Mack. He is as good a fit in a 3-4 for an OLB that the Steelers may ever see. He is as close to complete as one I have ever seen.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    For me, hands down best player in this entire draft is Khalil Mack. He is as good a fit in a 3-4 for an OLB that the Steelers may ever see. He is as close to complete as one I have ever seen.
    Khalil Mack totally impressed me against my Buckeyes. He was a one man wrecking crew abusing top shelf OLmen. Your assessment is fair. He just might be the best talent in this draft.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Khalil Mack totally impressed me against my Buckeyes. He was a one man wrecking crew abusing top shelf OLmen. Your assessment is fair. He just might be the best talent in this draft.
    Saw something from Mayock that Mack is good enough to the the overall #1 pick. Clowney could be dropping out of the Top 5.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Clowney is overhyped

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    Clowney weighed in at 6'5" 266lbs. at the combine... prototypical size for an OLB in our system. Assuming he runs as well as we think he does, he's the best talent available.
    ...to a degree. I personally don't think he is a Top 10, not if you consider Aldon Smith's draft position to be commensurate.

Here are a few (similarly-sized) guys who one might slap with the "freak" label that Clowney has worn:
    -Aldon Smith (#7 overall I believe)
    -JPP (I think he was #10-15)
    -Robert Quinn from the Rams (same range as JPP)
    -Ansah (the kid from BYU; same range)

If we look at those guys, I don't see where Clowney is "#1 overall" material at all. I hear all about how much of a beast he is, but he isn't any more athletic than Aldon Smith--he couldn't be. JPP came from a small school, so that was his knock. Quinn sat out his final year IIRC, and that is what knocked him down. Ansah was considered very green, and that is his knock.

But look at Clowney. THREE SACKS last year?! How can you justify taking #1 overall, on a 3-sack guy? He is freaky athletic, so that should slot him around where JPP, Quinn, Ansah went. And since he played "big-time" football (i.e. SEC), I'll bump him up to #6-10 maybe. But he isn't Top 5.

I'd take Robinson, Matthews, or Mack in that order, at this point.

Backup

User Info Menu

Anyone in this Draft ? Difficult to choose between Barr and Mack. But i will say Barr because i think he brings more humility and longevity (in terms of years as a Steeler) to the table.