Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy

Backup

User Info Menu

personally am not a worilds fan, all of a sudden the switch turns on for him this year? Doubt
    See James Harrison in regard to that switch comment. How many times did we cut him before his switch was turned on? Worilds shined in his limited opportunities on that side and when given the full time duties he shined even more. 25 years old and has enough room for even more growth. SIGN HIM NOW

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    See James Harrison in regard to that switch comment. How many times did we cut him before his switch was turned on? Worilds shined in his limited opportunities on that side and when given the full time duties he shined even more. 25 years old and has enough room for even more growth. SIGN HIM NOW
    MASSIVELY low risk there though. He was an UDFA, looked good as a backup to farrior in the middle and we drafted timmons to replace porter. Harrison was able to step in and be that guy at that price. We saw him actually be a star player before we had to pay him.

Now we have to pay Worilds a relatively high amount in hopes that he can produce, much bigger gamble. To me his value is victor butler (2 years 3 million) based on his production as a rotational pass rusher but hes going to command more than that

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You do everything you can to sign an improving 25 year old player before he hits the market. Players are like STOCKS and we need to retain this rising stock.
    Steelers have a great track record of getting rid of their stocks at the right time: See Mike Wallace and James Harrison.
    Right...cite the good but not that bad lol

See: Kraig Urbik, Keenan Lewis

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No chance Mack or Barr are there at 15. It is my opinion that Khalil Mack is the hands-down best player in this entire draft. He is as close to a perfect fit for a 3-4 OLB as we have seen in a while. He can cover, bring pressure, stack and shed, and hold contain.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

User Info Menu

I believe the steeler fans on this board can help me with this point. I didn't say we were PERFECT but I did say Great.

This is a team that let Franco Harris finish his career somewhere else. Didn't Willie Parke and Joey Porter come back to retire as Steelers after trying to finish strong somewhere else? Didn't Plaxico, Randle El, and Larry Foote come back to us for cheap?

Steelers are smart when it comes to $$$ and that is a huge reason why we are competitive year in and year out.

You don't let Worilds walk unless he has an attitude issue like a LEWIS. (You might of forgot that piece of information).

Backup

User Info Menu

Keenan Lewis played in 45 games for the steelers and started 33 games and yet managed 1 INT!

Willie gay had 3 INTs in 23 starts for the steelers in 2011 and 2013.

Keenan Lewis was embarrassed on Lynch's TD run in the playoffs as well and I'm sorry but he is a HORRIBLE example of guys we should of kept.

Backup

User Info Menu

Worilds started 21 games and had 16 sacks. I'm not sure how many of those starts were on the Left side.

I'll take 16 sacks over 1 INT anyday. PAY THE MONEY NOW!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Keenan Lewis played in 45 games for the steelers and started 33 games and yet managed 1 INT!

Keenan Lewis was embarrassed on Lynch's TD run in the playoffs as well and I'm sorry but he is a HORRIBLE example of guys we should of kept.
    He also was brilliant last season and was one of the best CBs in the league...I was never his biggest fan, and its a shame they wouldnt play him in more man while he was here but he played lights out last season
    Worilds started 21 games and had 16 sacks. I'm not sure how many of those starts were on the Left side.

I'll take 16 sacks over 1 INT anyday. PAY THE MONEY NOW!
    Worilds started playing well at the end of last year, he was winning his matchups and doing more than running in a stright line (almost all of his first 12 sacks or so were unblocked runs at the QB, he was horrible in every other facet of theg game)

Like i said hes a guy they need to keep, but its intimidating keeping him at too much cost with how the cap situation is. If they miss on the contract and he never lives up to it there will be a major setback

Legend

User Info Menu

99% of the league gets embarrassed by Lynch on TD runs...

far from a HORRIBLE example

Legend

User Info Menu

You do everything you can to sign an improving 25 year old player before he hits the market. Players are like STOCKS and we need to retain this rising stock.
    Steelers have a great track record of getting rid of their stocks at the right time: See Mike Wallace and James Harrison.
    How'd that work out with our current OLB?