Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Draft

Legend

User Info Menu

The Draft

Does it seem like a lot of people expect draft picks to contribute right away? I don't think any will on offense or defense. Our best bets are putting our hopes on younger players improving significantly.

Our hopes for next season lie more with Adams, Allen, Beachum, Bell, Decastro, Gilbert, Golden, Heyward, Jarvis, McClendon, Shark, Wheaton, Moye, Williams, Woods, Worilds. And a little bonus from some guys returning from injury - Miller, Pouncey, Foote.

And we could use a couple unknowns to step forward whether they be Williams, Fangupo, Arnfelt, etc.

Which of these guys will take the next step? The youngsters I feel the best about are Heyward, Beachum, Worilds, and Allen. The rest have a lot of work to do. I think Golden, Shark, and Wheaton showed a ton of potential at camp last year. I'm really excited about Nick Williams, Arnfelt, and Fangupo and think all 3 could be players with some work and continued development.

But I'm doubtful any rookie's gonna come in and make a big impact. Nor FA who even if great may take a year.

We mostly have to pin our hopes on the current guys in the building for next year. How's that looking for us?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Mosley steps in early and starts. I also believe Dennard will see nickle and special teams. A WR would likely get a serious look at PT as well.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As usual, maybe picks #1 and #2 could see some time, depending on their position. Would love to see Dennard... another Spartan!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think Mosley steps in early and starts. I also believe Dennard will see nickle and special teams. A WR would likely get a serious look at PT as well.
    Nix too...lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    As usual, maybe picks #1 and #2 could see some time, depending on their position. Would love to see Dennard... another Spartan!!
    We are thin at a few spots... I think we are going to be forced to start/play a few rookies.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If it's defense draft picks you know how that will go. Too much to comprehend and Lebeau doesn't make them starters until they start having gray hair.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

But, this must change. Rookies must play and play well for this team to have a successful year
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

look on the bright side

the back up back up QB spot is covered, so we won't have to spend a pick there again this year

Legend

User Info Menu

I would be surprised to see any rookie start on either side of the ball. If the first round pick is a WR, I bet Cotchery starts. I'd think that Mosley would have a good chance at starting, as would Nix (though I'm really cooling on the idea of him as the pick), but I'm not sure if it would be week 1. I'd put my money on after the bye.

I really don't care about a day one starter. I want a guy who is an impact player, even if you have to wait.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Nix too...lol.
    That is indeed true.
    Trolls are people too.