Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six Players the Steelers will be watching closely at the Combine

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    who was the 6th guy in the article?
    Evans and Benjamin at WR are listed together in the same sentence.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Roby doesn't make it past the Browns in the late part of the first. .
    Browns have two selections between our picks at 15 and 46. And they have needs at WR and CB. This could greatly affect our second round pick imo. Especially if we are targeting a CB in round 2.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Evans and Benjamin at WR are listed together in the same sentence.

my bad, i glanced over it

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Tomlin likes big and fast LBs. Shazier isn't big enough. He looks like a guy that should be playing SS in the NFL. And if he could do it, who would be a better mentor than Lake?

But no way would I use a first rounder on him. That'd be crazy.
    Ever hear of Shawn Spence? 5'11 231? Shazier 6'2 229? Just had to point that out flippy. Or this post could be your normal twisted self.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Both should scare you...certainly at 15. Neither guy is worth a 15, and I doubt either will be there for round 2 with us. Roby doesn't make it past the Browns in the late part of the first. A DB that fast, with that kind of resume probably wont make it out of the first. But, he had a poor year for the Buckeyes. I think he could be special with some coaching but he is a high risk/high reward pick. Shazier IMO, is not physical enough to play inside in the NFL. He is not as technically sound as he needs to be. He is a guy who has relied on very special speed to get the job done...and at the next level everyone is fast. But, having a LBr who is almost as fast as Mike Wallace is indeed intriguing. He does seem like a Tomlin kind of player.
    I dont think roby is "that fast". Hes the kind of DB that could play CB for us, but will likely play FS for most schemes. I also think the browns are going to be targeting Hyde, another buckeye late in the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Tomlin likes big and fast LBs. Shazier isn't big enough. He looks like a guy that should be playing SS in the NFL. And if he could do it, who would be a better mentor than Lake?

But no way would I use a first rounder on him. That'd be crazy.
    Timmons was undersized and really grew into what he is now. Spence is massively undersized, and i recall the steelers coveting Mychal Kendricks from Cal a few years ago....who didnt really profile as a 34 MLB at all

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont think roby is "that fast". Hes the kind of DB that could play CB for us, but will likely play FS for most schemes. I also think the browns are going to be targeting Hyde, another buckeye late in the first.

Timmons was undersized and really grew into what he is now. Spence is massively undersized, and i recall the steelers coveting Mychal Kendricks from Cal a few years ago....who didnt really profile as a 34 MLB at all
    Sub 4.4 isn't that fast? He was the fastest player on a very fast Buckeye team last season. Roby has been clocked in the mid 4.3's and so has Shazier. I would be curious as to what they run at the combine. As for Hyde. I agree with you...he is a real possibility for the Browns. And he could be a real headache for the Steelers to deal with for years to come.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You are right, i guess he never really looked that fast when I was watching him

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Ever hear of Shawn Spence? 5'11 231? Shazier 6'2 229? Just had to point that out flippy. Or this post could be your normal twisted self.
    Spence is 231 going on 260. He plays big, fast and physical...or at least he did before his injury. Shazier not so much. He is special fast, but isn't a guy who will blow up an OG, or move through a LT to get to the ball carrier. Shazier could be a really good linebacker in the NFL. But, there are alot of questions he would have to answer for me. And that doesn't scream first round. If he were there in the second, the Steelers should pick him. But, after he crushes the combine...and he will...he will shoot up the draft boards.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Steelers to meet with Florida St WR Kelvin Benjamin & Ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief at Combine

[URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02...ef-at-combine/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha