Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colbert encouraged by Spence's progress

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    If Spence can make it back we should be doing pretty well at ILB. Timmons, Foote, Spence, Williams, Garvin.

Good call. Garvin has really surprised some folks this year. He's definitely bulked up since his days at WVU also. I look for him to continue to be a solid contributor on special teams...and maybe eventually help out on defense also.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Spence reminds me of Lloyd with the same motor and fire. I hope he makes it back and was worth the wait.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sean Spence 'significantly ahead' of where Steelers thought he would be

By Neal Coolong

Post-Gazette reporter Gerry Dulac tweeted Friday linebacker Sean Spence appears to be on the road to recovery, and adds some fuel to speculation that Larry Foote was released because Spence will be able to compete for a starting position in training camp.

Steelers linebacker Sean Spence is "significantly ahead" in his rehabilitation efforts from a devastating 2012 knee injury, according to Post-Gazette reporter Sean Spence.

Spence suffered a major knee injury at the end of the preseason in 2012, and has not appeared in a game yet since the Steelers selected him in the third round of that year's draft.

It's easy to speculate at this point Spence's condition could have led the Steelers to decide to release veteran linebacker Larry Foote, but considering nerve damage was involved, and Spence's attempt to get back on the active roster last year after spending the first three months of the season on the PUP list failed, his ability to compete in training camp should be considered a blessing, not an expectation.

If he can, though, he can expect to compete with second-year LB Vince Williams for playing time alongside Lawrence Timmons, and whatever may come out of the draft and free agency.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...eason-steelers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Is Colbert a doctor?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Is Colbert a doctor?
    no, but, he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Man I hope this kid is able to get out there and compete come training camp. I have been rooting for him since the injury. Would love to see him beat the odds.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Man I hope this kid is able to get out there and compete come training camp. I have been rooting for him since the injury. Would love to see him beat the odds.
    It sure would be nice to catch a break.

Legend

User Info Menu

we are due... lol

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers could very well be rewarded handsomely for their patience....

and it's the kind of story that can create a career-long loyalty.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is good news, glad to see he'll get another chance.

Makes me wonder why they let go of Terry Hawthorne so quick last year if injuries were the main reason. Guess they didn't see enough from him??
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska