Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Timing right for Steelers to draft tall WR

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    my facts are fine, check yours.
    steelers got beat by the packers on feb 6 2011
    saints won on feb 7 2010
    steelers actually gave up less point than GB during the 2010 season and less yards
    and seeing that both top team defenses got throttled, baltimore had to put up 34 points to win.
    so you really have 1 defense out of 5
    stats are for the SEASON... SB is always the year following...

Hall of Famer
    Last 10 Superbowl winners:

Average offensive rank: 8.1
    Average defensive rank: 8.2

Last 10 Superbowl losers:

Average offensive rank: 5.4
    Average defensive rank: 7.9

having a better offense doesnt translate to SB wins

How good was the 2013 Bronco's defense? Not good enough. How was the best offense in 2013 NOT GOOD ENOUGH to win the super bowl. JPN has said it over and over for those that can not or chose not to read. It takes a balance of O & D to win a super bowl most years. And I am sure someone has a stat to prove that wrong also. Oh yea ask the Broncos if it would have been nice to have a more balanced O with a strong running game that could just match up and run the damn ball. Not have to try and trick the D to run the ball. To much offense trickery does not make a balanced strong offense if the defense can shut that down. BPA with a sprinkle of need is a good way to pick round 1-3. Not going to pick a QB if that is the only player rated higher then say a CB or WR. Need for a QB is very low this and next season. The Steelers in my eyes must put some thought and value in the next season "needs" when drafting also. So OLB is on that list even in the 1st with questions as of right now for ROLB. Now if that changes that need drops on the list some. We all can look at this team and see this seasons needs and even next season needs. If they think they can strengthen a position for next season they will. I think that was the gamble and thought with the Shark. Heck at one point that was the plan with Pouncey. But bonus was he stepped right in and took his position.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Last 10 Superbowl winners:

Average offensive rank: 8.1
    Average defensive rank: 8.2

Last 10 Superbowl losers:

Average offensive rank: 5.4
    Average defensive rank: 7.9

having a better offense doesnt translate to SB wins
    According to your stats the higher defensive ranking 7.9, versus 8.2 for the winners, loses the Super Bowl more. So having the better defense obviously doesn't translate into wins either.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    How good was the 2013 Bronco's defense? Not good enough. How was the best offense in 2013 NOT GOOD ENOUGH to win the super bowl. JPN has said it over and over for those that can not or chose not to read. It takes a balance of O & D to win a super bowl most years. And I am sure someone has a stat to prove that wrong also. Oh yea ask the Broncos if it would have been nice to have a more balanced O with a strong running game that could just match up and run the damn ball. Not have to try and trick the D to run the ball. To much offense trickery does not make a balanced strong offense if the defense can shut that down. BPA with a sprinkle of need is a good way to pick round 1-3. Not going to pick a QB if that is the only player rated higher then say a CB or WR. Need for a QB is very low this and next season. The Steelers in my eyes must put some thought and value in the next season "needs" when drafting also. So OLB is on that list even in the 1st with questions as of right now for ROLB. Now if that changes that need drops on the list some. We all can look at this team and see this seasons needs and even next season needs. If they think they can strengthen a position for next season they will. I think that was the gamble and thought with the Shark. Heck at one point that was the plan with Pouncey. But bonus was he stepped right in and took his position.
    Well if Northcoast numbers are right...The average of teams in the SB were both Top 10 offesnes & defenses. Ummmm....Balance!

Hall of Famer
    Here you go. I did a spread sheet over last 5 Super Bowls. Draw your own conclusions. I see mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hall of Famer
    Wow...Benjamin 6'5" 240 4% body fat. Evans 6 4.6" 231. Robinson 6 2.5" 220.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 02-21-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Wow...Benjamin 6'5" 240 & Evans 6 4.6" 231. Robinson 6 2.5" 220.
    Not really anything surprising about those #s

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Not really anything surprising about those #s
    240 4%?...Think again.

Thats what he was listed at and thats what he looks like lol

I didnt say it isnt impressive, its just not surprising