Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Type of FA on market at FS...Who's in?

JPN mentioned in another thread the possibility of upgrading FS and CB via free agency. This,I think, would give them a good chance of contending much sooner than if they try and fix the roster exclusively through the draft. I don't know which players would fit best, but it's the plan I like, I'll let the talent evaluators figure who the players should be and the cap gurus figure out how to get them signed.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler
    Vontae Davis,Sam Shields would be nice but will probably command a lot of $$$$$$
    Mike Jenkins,Cassius Vaughn,Antoine Cason are interseting CB's.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    JPN mentioned in another thread the possibility of upgrading FS and CB via free agency. This,I think, would give them a good chance of contending much sooner than if they try and fix the roster exclusively through the draft. I don't know which players would fit best, but it's the plan I like, I'll let the talent evaluators figure who the players should be and the cap gurus figure out how to get them signed.

Pappy
    They could make a "Leap" with even just 1 FA signing in the secondary. We just don't know if they feel Shark can play FS. If that is the case, they may look CB. I have a growing feeling that Taylor's paycut will be substantial & he will be easily overtaken even if he stays. Only reason I suggest FS is because it will come cheaper than a CB. Either way...Sign 1 & address the other in the 1st three rounds.

Hall of Famer
    I would be one in favor of making Jenkins the big FA signing to play FS & sign Cason too. I would be ok with Delmas instead of Jenkins & would probably come cheaper. During this process...Taylor would have to take a 4 mil + paycut to stay or be cut if Cason could be signed. Then draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd too.

While we are talking Steeler type signings. Would anyone consider BJ Raji? I read an article on NFL.com that mentioned him as someone the Packers may cut ties with. Not sure what the demand for him would be for him on the open market, but he would fit in nicely here if hes healthy.
    Last edited by 7 UP; 02-17-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    While we are talking Steeler type signings. Would anyone consider BJ Raji? I read an article on NFL.com that mentioned him as someone the Packers may cut ties with. Not sure what the demand for him would be for him on the open market, but he would fit in nicely here if hes healthy.
    No way we could afford him, not that he will neccesarily get the big pay day he wants but he is definitely chasing the money

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...contract-offer

PFT mentioned that Louis Delmas is in Pittsburgh visiting the Steelers today.

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    PFT mentioned that Louis Delmas is in Pittsburgh visiting the Steelers today.
    Steelers hosting Louis Delmas

Posted by Mike Florio on February 17, 2014

The Lions cut safety Louis Delmas last week. The Steelers will be getting the first crack at signing him.

The 2009 second-round pick is visiting the Steelers on Monday, per a league source. Because his contract was terminated, Delmas can sign with any team, at any time.

In Detroit, Delmas played safety in a defense that didnít really pigeonhole one safety or the other as strong or free. In Pittsburgh, free safety Ryan Clark will become a free agent, and strong safety Troy Polamalu has a base salary of $8.25 million and a cap number of $10.88 million. Delmas could replace either of them, in theory.

Or his visit could be primarily about squeezing Clark and/or Polamalu into accepting whatever offer the Steelers currently have on the table.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-louis-delmas/

This is exciting stuff

Hall of Famer

Ryan Clark
    ‏@Realrclark25
    4m Just text w Louis Delmas. Live his game, he'd be a great fit for Coach Lebeau & the Steelers! Hope all goes well. God bless bro