Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My crazy before combine mock draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My crazy before combine mock draft.

Ok so I used mostly Draftscout for rankings. I looked at few other draft sites and no one agrees on stated size, speed or draft round. So it is crazy. But I like it as of now. Have to see these guys at the combine. Go ahead and rip it apart boys. 1st-Justin Gilbert CB
    2nd- Martavis Bryant WR
    3rd comp- Troy Niklas TE
    4th-Caraun Reid DL
    5th- Marqueston Huff FS
    5th comp-Morgan Breslin OLB
    6rd- Aaron Colvin DB
    7rd- Ben Gardner DE
    7rdComp- Shaqnil Barrett OLB
    UFDA-Roderick McDowell RB
    UDFA-Corey Brown WR

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Justin Gilbert would be a good pick if he makes it past Detroit. Not sure about Bryant in the 2nd, might be a little early. A lot of people think he should have stayed in school to refine some things. Nice big target though.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Martavis Bryant is borderline undraftable. His raw tools are intriguing but those tall guys that are jump ball guys and cant get separation in college fail hard in the pros. See: Jarrett, Hardy, Barden. No way hes a 2nd round guy, 5th at best imo

Id like to know more about gilbert, they dont exactly have the guys with their heads screwed on the tightest.

Perrish Cox, charged with rape
    Justin Blackmon, raging addict
    Dez Bryant, immaturity issues, that in his defense he seems to be getting over

Ive heard rumors here and there about gilbert, but his interviews are going to be big for him.

LOVE Niklas and Colvin, unfortunately I think Niklas will have to be had in the second

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Not sure that Dez is getting over that immaturity yet. He had a blow up towards the end of the season, and looked like an a$$ one more time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Justin Gilbert would be a great pick. He will be an upper-echelon corner in the NFL and he is an electric return man which will relieve Antonio Brown of those duties. I'm all for it. Ben Gardner and Morgan Breslin could be great fits in the Steelers 3-4 and they are hard working overachievers who could become above average players and draft steals at the next level.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Not sure that Dez is getting over that immaturity yet. He had a blow up towards the end of the season, and looked like an a$$ one more time.
    Overblown, he was frustrated at losing close games constantly. Its funny how everyone wants every player to be a fiery player and lead with all this emotion but when someone does it like dez or sherman they are just low class thugs. Dez is not the problem child he as once made out to be

Gilbert is a good fit, he wont be the pick machine he was in college in lebeaus scheme, people need to realize that.

I like Jean-Baptise in the 3rd over gilbert in the first, and would like dennard if we would alter the scheme a little bit to play cover 1

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Justin Gilbert would be a great pick. He will be an upper-echelon corner in the NFL and he is an electric return man which will relieve Antonio Brown of those duties. I'm all for it. Ben Gardner and Morgan Breslin could be great fits in the Steelers 3-4 and they are hard working overachievers who could become above average players and draft steals at the next level.
    Funny - i read it and thought, "3 DBs and 2 WRs, a TE and an RB... D-Dub is gonna LOVE this draft!!" LOL
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Overblown, he was frustrated at losing close games constantly. Its funny how everyone wants every player to be a fiery player and lead with all this emotion but when someone does it like dez or sherman they are just low class thugs. Dez is not the problem child he as once made out to be

Gilbert is a good fit, he wont be the pick machine he was in college in lebeaus scheme, people need to realize that.

I like Jean-Baptise in the 3rd over gilbert in the first, and would like dennard if we would alter the scheme a little bit to play cover 1
    I never referred to either as a low-class thug, I called Bryant immature. He was unable to hold his emotions in check at a time when he should not have reacted that way. That is a sign of immaturity. I'm sure that there are 52 others on that team who are tired of losing. They did not walk off the field during a game. It does not make them any less competitive.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Martavis Bryant is borderline undraftable. His raw tools are intriguing but those tall guys that are jump ball guys and cant get separation in college fail hard in the pros. See: Jarrett, Hardy, Barden. No way hes a 2nd round guy, 5th at best imo

Id like to know more about gilbert, they dont exactly have the guys with their heads screwed on the tightest.

Perrish Cox, charged with rape
    Justin Blackmon, raging addict

Ive heard rumors here and there about gilbert, but his interviews are going to be big for him.

LOVE Niklas and Colvin, unfortunately I think Niklas will have to be had in the second
    Well I know Bryant is questionable but a 5th I can't see from my research. There are a few that has him going 2-3. Could he drop yes he could. I wonder if he can be more of a Boldin type WR? Yes I have to agree after more research I figure Niklas will go 2nd rd. So I could switch my 2-3rd rd picks. Or look for another late 3rd-high 4rd WR to pick. Your point about "heads being screwed on right" is a big thing all mock drafts have a problem with. Teams talk face to face with these guys to see how they fit. The only way for us to know anything beyond football is IF they say things on Twitter or in the media. Thanks for your reply.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I never referred to either as a low-class thug, I called Bryant immature. He was unable to hold his emotions in check at a time when he should not have reacted that way. That is a sign of immaturity. I'm sure that there are 52 others on that team who are tired of losing. They did not walk off the field during a game. It does not make them any less competitive.
    I was more saying the general outlook on dez, not you personally